Poll

How far away do you live from your parents?

Less than 25 miles
Less than 75 miles
Less than 150 miles
Less than 500 miles
500 to 1,000 miles
More than 1,000 miles
My parents are deceased

Author Topic: Distance you live from your parents  (Read 8373 times)

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
Re: Distance you live from your parents
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2009, 10:53:45 AM »
I chose less than 25 miles because I'm 17 and a highschool student, ergo I live with my father. My mom has been dead 11 years.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »
About 426 miles currently, according to Google Maps.

It may be less in the future, depending on where I get a job after I graduate.  They're moving to the family farm after they retire, which is near (within 50 miles) where most of my job opportunities will probably be, though it's very possible I could end up moving to a different state entirely.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:13:40 PM by Regolith »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Myself

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
When my parents were alive they were 30 miles away.  I also have two brothers within the same distance or less.  Came in handy when my mom's health deteriorated followed by my dad's.  My in-laws now live only 3 miles away, (was 50).  The Mrs is an only and this is sure handier.  They are in their mid 80's.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
I'm about 200 feet from my mom and stepdad. We own houses directly across the street form each other. Their driveway is the view from my living room window. (I caught a kid "watering" their fence once)  Biodad is on a different continent. My wife's mother just moved into town a few months ago and is now about two miles away.

Phone calls are nice and all, but they cannot take the place of grankids knowing what grandmas look like and actually being happy to see them in the absence of presents.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
My folks live about an hour and twenty minutes away, up north in McMinnville.  They are coming to lunch tomorrow, in fact.
The inlaws are ~3000 miles east in NC.  That makes it hard on my wife, of course, as she'd like to be closer.
All of our folks are good people, and good inlaws respectively.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.