Author Topic: Rush fans pummel Democrat Petition rallying opposition to talk radio website.  (Read 14625 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
I have a nagging respect for Sean Hannity on the right

Respect him for what?  Having the best hair?  Being the biggest tool?  ???  I'm just stunned that anyone could call Limbaugh an idiot, yet respect a dim-wit like Hannity. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Parker Dean

• friend
I see Rush becoming a political contender if the Fairness Doctrine actually becomes reality.

Hopefully a Senator from FL.

Nah, he'll just move to internet distribution. The mechanisms are already in place with the podcasting that he's already doing, and the way has already been pioneered, mostly notably by MST3K having morphed into RiffTrax.

The Fairness Doctrine will do nothing more than put a lot of radio stations out of business and taking jobs with them, both direct and indirect. GG Washington. Again.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Rush wouldn't take the paycut or the restrictions of a Senate seat.....I'd sooner bet him to take over the RNC and run things behind the scenes & still stay behind the mike....

....but then, Glenn Beck has been running circles around Rush lately. If Obama goes after him, the war is on....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Desertdog

• friends
....but then, Glenn Beck has been running circles around Rush lately. If Obama goes after him, the war is on.... 
Lou Dobbs, CNN and HLN has been saying a lot lately, also.  Can you believe that CNN is still keeping Lou on there.

Perd Hapley

• friend
....but then, Glenn Beck has been running circles around Rush lately.

Like a toddler running around crazy, while the adult in the room stands still? 

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2009, 01:30:51 AM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:52:45 PM by Don't care »

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

As the last election showed....sometimes crazy works....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
I love how people can say this with a straight face.

Pretty easy with Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, and their disciples are making the case for it.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
Respect him for what?  Having the best hair?  Being the biggest tool?  ???  I'm just stunned that anyone could call Limbaugh an idiot, yet respect a dim-wit like Hannity. 

Oh, dont get me wrong, not because of the content, but delivery.

He's very likable while being a twerp.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MicroBalrog

• friend

Being the "adult" isn't necessarily a good thing. I dislike both Beck and Rush, but Beck > Rush. Slightly.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

oldfart

Y'know, maybe there is something to 'reverse psycology' after all.  Didn't Zero say some things about guns and gun owners that led to one of (if not THE) biggest gun-run in history?  Now he's come out against El Rushbo and see what has happened.

I wonder if we could trick him into saying something derogatory about capitalism or patriotism or ...

MicroBalrog

• friend
I wonder if we could trick him into saying something derogatory about capitalism or patriotism or ...

We need to trick Obama to do that? :angel:

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Lennyjoe

• friend
I rather enjoy listening/watching Beck and Hannity. I tune in Rush from time to time as well. Guess I'm an oddball.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I rather enjoy listening/watching Beck and Hannity. I tune in Rush from time to time as well. Guess I'm an oddball.
That's not too odd.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Being the "adult" isn't necessarily a good thing. I dislike both Beck and Rush, but Beck > Rush. Slightly.

I don't see how you can make a comparison.  Rush actually engages in political analysis and commentary, while Beck - well, what does Beck do?  I usually can't take enough of his fuzzy rambling to actually stick around and see if he has a point.  That's when he's not trying to change my life with his Christmas sweatshirt or whatever. 

Waitone

• friend
I'm puzzled why the president took Limbaugh on . . . . now.  I can see him doing so when the pieces are in place but now seems a little early.  One possibility is his stimulus bill bill may be in trouble.  By trouble I mean no republican support.  Obama will get the bill passed but if there is no republican support he can't claim bipartisanship.  In other words Obama get the turkey hung around his neck.  In any case the battle was going to break out at some point.  I just wonder if Obama slipped up with his comments.  Not out of the question since he is quite limited in his expressiveness when off the prompter.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I don't see how you can make a comparison.  Rush actually engages in political analysis and commentary, while Beck - well, what does Beck do?  I usually can't take enough of his fuzzy rambling to actually stick around and see if he has a point.  That's when he's not trying to change my life with his Christmas sweatshirt or whatever. 
Beck can be pretty funny sometimes.  In fact, he's downright hilarious at times.  But I agree, Limbaugh knows politics better than anyone else in media.  His political commentary is far more insightful than Beck's, or just about anyone else's.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:40:38 AM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
I'm puzzled why the president took Limbaugh on . . . . now.  I can see him doing so when the pieces are in place but now seems a little early.  One possibility is his stimulus bill bill may be in trouble.  By trouble I mean no republican support.  Obama will get the bill passed but if there is no republican support he can't claim bipartisanship.  In other words Obama get the turkey hung around his neck.  In any case the battle was going to break out at some point.  I just wonder if Obama slipped up with his comments.  Not out of the question since he is quite limited in his expressiveness when off the prompter.
Rookie mistake is my guess.  Obama has no particular skill for political strategy.

MechAg94

• friend
I'd have to agree with that.  Politicians taking on a media personality with 15 uncensored hours a week to state their case is not smart.  On the other hand, the rest of the media is focused on him and not any Congressional Republicans.

I actually listen to Medved more lately since I can listen to the internet radio at work in the late afternoon more often.  He actually interviews some leading leftists on his show and actually debates people who disagree rather than just talk over them.  When asked questions, he has read the book and states facts much better than most others.  His occasional "conspiracy day" shows are really great. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
An interview with Rush, about the Democratic ads that are running against Limbaugh in some states. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdoeynljb0

MicroBalrog

• friend
I don't see how you can make a comparison.  Rush actually engages in political analysis and commentary, while Beck - well, what does Beck do? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPyQw9_eMs

This is a typical Rush moment, I take it? He's seriously comparing people who lost their jobs to people are killed?

e actually interviews some leading leftists on his show and actually debates people who disagree rather than just talk over them.

It's people to his right that Medved truly hates.

Perd Hapley

• friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPyQw9_eMs

This is a typical Rush moment, I take it? He's seriously comparing people who lost their jobs to people are killed? 

Typical Rush brilliance, yes.  But no, he didn't make the comparison you suggest.  He's talking about media coverage, not making a direct comparison between lost jobs and war dead.  An even more apt comment that he made was, "I support the President [Obama], I just don't support his policies."   :lol:

As a rule of thumb, if you don't like something Rush said, it probably means it went over your head.  That's not to say I agree with every single thing he says, but it's a good rule of thumb.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
OMG!

Glen Beck is better than electricity and sliced bread!
He will listen to criticism and change his opinion, unlike most others doing the same job he does.
He used to be pretty lukewarm when it came to RKBA but he researched it after his fans sent in their comments, and now he is one of the few visible people out there for our side.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
I love how people can say this with a straight face.

when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came to speak at Columbia, he was treated with respect and got applauded, GW wouldn't have gotten that, the minutemen were attacked.

I was a left wing protester for longer then I have been nominally conservative, I lived with the left and was part of the left.
They have an insane hatred of the country that protects their right to be left wing kooks.
I remember demonstrations calling for the death of the hostages during the Iran Carter fiasco, the left used to fly the Viet cong flag during that conflict.
I  have seen so many demo's here in San Francisco,yup, they really hate the USA and would rather the USA destroyed
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
It's people to his right that Medved truly hates.

QFT

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton