Author Topic: Moonbats are unintenionally funny......  (Read 6078 times)

Iain

• friend
Re: Moonbats are unintenionally funny......
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
Ok, the usual arse is being talked. I'm sure we've been through this before, anyway:

1. 1998 correction was for the continental US only, and I believe the correction was insignificant in stats terms. 1998 still one of the hottest years, due to significant El Nino event. Not up on whether 2006 exceeded it.
2. More ice yes - new ice though in areas where there had previously been multi-year ice.

scientists said they believe that the increased area of sea ice this winter is due to recent weather conditions, while the decline in perennial ice reflects the longer-term warming climate trend and is a result of increased melting during summer and greater movement of the older ice out of the Arctic.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/seaice_conditions_feature.html

3. I'm not even going to touch the "hockey stick" based on the fact that people who seem to know all about it are many and vocal (no both sides). 'Seem' usually being the operative word.

Back on topic - that job sucks, and unfortunately those guys do seem to have a track record of lying. Not necessarily about the areas they are raising money for, but about how they are paid:

Chuggers working for WRVS, formerly the Women's Royal Voluntary Service, and Great Ormond Street claimed to be working as volunteers when they were not, the watchdog said. One did not know what the "W" stood for.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3509162/Charity-chuggers-may-be-breaking-law-and-should-be-boycotted.html
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 03:49:56 PM »
"cute, cuddly polar bear"

Do not belong in the same sentence as polar bear.  Cunning and maniacal are words more akin to polar bear.  A sporting goods shop in Reno has 2 polar bears stuffed and mounted.  The suckers stand 9 ft tall.  The skulls were bronzed and the teeth were huge.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
Well, uh...

The guy that puts girls in the well as part of his process of making the "lady suit" must get them from somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgS6qLsVM4
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

psyopspec

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
Timothy Treadwell wanted to save the cute cuddly bears.  And he did, right up to the point where one killed and ate him.

Saved it from dying of starvation.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 05:45:11 PM »
Timothy Treadwell wanted to save the cute cuddly bears.  And he did, right up to the point where one killed and ate him.

Brad

that is what you call "commitment".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgS6qLsVM4

:laugh: Get out of my head man...

I almost posted that link to the Greenskeepers.
I promise not to duck.