Author Topic: How many people here should have...  (Read 6171 times)

taurusowner

Re: How many people here should have...
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 01:48:16 PM »
I was going to be aborted.  My birth mother was from what I know, some sort of drug user.  She was told that I would be deformed and handicapped.  Someone apparently convinced her to go through with the pregnancy and give me up for adoption.  I weighed about 4lbs when I was born and had to be kept in an incubator for 3 weeks until my adoptive mom, the mom I know, could take me home.  I am now 25 years old, completely fine with zero defects of any sort.  I would not exist if my birth mom had listened to her first advice.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2009, 01:57:28 PM »
I doubt my mom had any abortions for two three reasons:
1. My mom has had her pro-life / socially conservative views throughout her adult life, according to friends of the family
2. My folks had a very difficult time conceiving my sister and my self
3. Abortion was illegal in her state and all surrounding states from the time my folks were married until after the birth of their last child.

Oh, it is possible, I'll grant, but all the data points in the other direction.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:47:43 PM by jfruser »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
No abortions here. My parents were both devout Christians. My dad says he asked god for us. We were not accidents. My mom did have two miscarriages after my brother and I were born. She was in her early forties at the time. 

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2009, 04:44:20 PM »
Born the oldest of four kids to loving and God-fearing parents, praise God. I love my slightly dysfunctional family.   =D
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

bk425

• Now's the time
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2009, 04:55:34 PM »
Don't be surprised if this becomes a thread topic with very few responses.

It's a ticklish subject, at best.

Even if my parents had chosen to do something along those lines and I knew about it, I sure's heck wouldn't post about it here.

I can see MicroBalrog being a great contributor to the thread, but his boundaries are considerably different.

It's not a well thought out question. For instance, I'm not an only child because of -abortion-. But because my mother (bless her soul) was diabetic and lucky to live through some of the miscarriages that were common to diabetics then. And because my adopted brother died horribly of spinal meningitis when we were both very young. See, some questions are just not for posting. IMHO

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 04:03:54 PM »
Just an observation I've made over the years, which was reflected right here by Balog and digital.  The people I know who support abortion tend to be downers.  The seriously pro-life folks I know tend to like their own lives.  Not a universal trait, obviously, but definitely a trend.

I can see why expressing such an observation might induce objection or disagreement.  So as not to derail the thread, consider it retracted.

Funny my observations are the opposite, The people who oppose abortion usally seem, angry, domineering, demeaning, and overly self rightious. Come on have you seen those rallies outside abortion clinics, do those people seem happy?

The ones who are Pro-Choice come in all flavors.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
Funny my observations are the opposite, The people who oppose abortion usally seem, angry, domineering, demeaning, and overly self rightious. Come on have you seen those rallies outside abortion clinics, do those people seem happy?

The ones who are Pro-Choice come in all flavors.

If you had to watch powerless as innocent children were slaughtered would you look happy?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
If you had to watch powerless as innocent children were slaughtered would you look happy?

Thats just funny for so many reasons. Strawman anyone?

And do you conceed that abortion banners are all secretly depressed?
Or do you think people are just people and we cant make broad sweeping statements based on one aspect of a person.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 04:20:08 PM »
Thats just funny for so many reasons. Strawman anyone?

And do you conceed that abortion banners are all secretly depressed?
Or do you think people are just people and we cant make broad sweeping statements based on one aspect of a person.

Actually, I never said that. HTG did. But saying that someone who is protesting something doesn't look happy is so "Well duh" I felt like pointing that out.

Also: you might want to tone it down a bit. Coming to a forum and making a lot of sarcastic and dismissive posts on controversial subjects is a good way to be introduced to the infamous banschwerke.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
Also: you might want to tone it down a bit. Coming to a forum and making a lot of sarcastic and dismissive posts on controversial subjects is a good way to be introduced to the infamous banschwerke.

Yea well being sarcastic is the only way to combat some of these strawman arguements. Some posters make ridiculous statements such as your
I wasn't directing my post towards you, but you responded with a ridiculous statements so what am I supposed to do, not respond?

or How about

Maybe for the really screwed up kids (seriously retarded, born addicts etc) it would be better to kill them in the womb. But why stop there? If those poor souls are really better off dead, how can we let the fact that they've been born get in the way? I mean really, those years they've lived have just been a form of torture. Let's go ahead and end their suffering now, like the nice doctors should have done earlier. It's for their own good......

Abortion banners make it seem like the babies are carried to full term, delivered, and then killed, which to me is slanderous and disingenuous. Ok is you dont support it great, thats your personal decision but dont try and brow beat me over the internet.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »
Have you ever actually been to an abortion protest, Seenterman?  Ever taken part in one?  I have, and it seemed more like a loving and caring outreach operation than the angry hate-fest you make it out to be.

Also, you might not want to chastise me for making sweeping generalizations (which I didn't do) while yourself making sweeping generalizations.

But anyways, welcome to APS.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2009, 05:30:15 PM »
Seenterman, a word of advice.  And the word is "chill".  Get a few more posts under you belt before bringing out the big guns.  You won't last long here unless you can learn to debate issues, not argue them.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2009, 05:43:49 PM »
Abortion banners make it seem like the babies are carried to full term, delivered, and then killed, which to me is slanderous and disingenuous. Ok is you dont support it great, thats your personal decision but dont try and brow beat me over the internet.

Actually, if you induce a breach birth and get the scissors into the brain before the baby pops all the way out, you just described a late term abortion pretty well. 

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2009, 05:47:17 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:29:25 PM by Don't care »

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »
There SHOULD be a brother 'tween myself and my younger sister, but there ain't.  =(

There SHOULD be a neice 'tween my eldest neice and my eldest nephew, but there ain't.  =(

Both of those immediate relations who are missing were Terminated after the the initiation of brain activity, which in my book make it murder most foul.

Actually, if you induce a breach birth and get the scissors into the brain before the baby pops all the way out, you just described a late term abortion pretty well.

AKA Pithing the baby:mad:

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 12:18:49 AM »
according to my mom, I was a somewhat-accident.
My folks were living on a subservience farm, living the hippie dream.  My coming along forced my dad to cut his hair and get a real job, which my mom ended up beng happy about.  They discussed it.  My dad decided that a real job wasn't so bad.

Technically I'm pro choice (Morals dictate what choice I'd take, but I wouldn't dictate it for others) but in this instance I'm glad what their choice was.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM