Author Topic: Justified or not? Killing coworkers who think that...  (Read 8832 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Justified or not? Killing coworkers who think that...
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 07:32:54 PM »
>The only unhappy guy, is me.<

Which is really how we prefer life to be, Teknoid... :P
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Teknoid

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2009, 08:06:06 PM »
>The only unhappy guy, is me.<

Which is really how we prefer life to be, Teknoid... :P

Y'know, I've been sick as a dog for two weeks (while working every day).

I COUGH in your general direction!   =D

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 10:56:20 PM »
I guess that means if you take a paid sick day, you're stealing 100% of it? Doesn't make much sense to me. I know in my case, the 50% is more than enough to get the job done. Sad to say, but I could do it in my sleep (and have). If I called in, somebody would be getting time and a half to cover for me, and I'd probably have to go back and fix it again when I returned to work. So I work, if I'm physically able. Customer is happy, company is happy. The only unhappy guy, is me.

Until you infect your coworkers with whatever it is you're rubbing on the door handles and keyboards....now they are less effective, too!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »
I guess that means if you take a paid sick day, you're stealing 100% of it? Doesn't make much sense to me. I know in my case, the 50% is more than enough to get the job done. Sad to say, but I could do it in my sleep (and have). If I called in, somebody would be getting time and a half to cover for me, and I'd probably have to go back and fix it again when I returned to work. So I work, if I'm physically able. Customer is happy, company is happy. The only unhappy guy, is me.

No. You earned the use of a sick day as a benefit for work already done.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 11:54:49 PM »
I worked for a big outfit several years ago where the stated policy was "If you're sick stay home". I came in one day sick as heck but since I didn't work around other people and I had a big project to finish I came in. Boss sent me home didn't like to see me coughing and retching in the trash can. Come annual eval time he gigged me on my raise for taking a sick day, cost me 2%. Then he got indignant when I reminded him he told me to go home. I found a better job 4 month later.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2009, 12:04:44 AM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:25:31 PM by Don't care »

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
Mike? "Getting" old?

Wasn't he born old (or crawled out from under the rock old, whichever)... :neener:
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
I have over 2000 accrued unused sick leave hours even not contaminating people. I also have managed to be promoted several times and I get performance bonuses every year. Working efficiently is different from "getting into work". Lots of useless slackers "get into work" everyday.

You're lucky.  I only get to carry over 80 hours a month.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2009, 12:36:18 AM »
We can only carry over 240 hours of annual leave, but sick leave keeps accruing. Of course we don't get any of it as cash when we leave or retire -- it just goes away. They'll probably come up with some kind of payback deal the day after I retire. In my last job, I quit with over 500 hours of sick leave that I lost, then 3 months later the county I had been working for cut a deal to pay workers 50% of their sick leave when they end employment. That woulda been a nice little chunk of change to take to grad school with me.  =(
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."