Author Topic: Million Gun Owner March  (Read 7746 times)

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: Million Gun Owner March
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »
Hey, I have a great idea, lets just sit back and do nothing and let obama and the media define us as just a bunch of fringe kooks.  Then we get front row seats as they ban semi-autos and then they ban all 30 cals, because they are just cop killer sniper rounds.  And nobody really needs a magazine that holds over 5 rounds or better yet, anything but a break action single shot.  

Now we can sit on our duffs and watch our gun rights taken piece meal away or we can get out there and do something.  If you have a better idea, then speak up and take the lead.  Otherwise, help out or get out of the way.  These politicians were afraid, very afraid over the illegal immigration uproar.  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:18:25 PM by scanr »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 09:17:03 PM »
Yep, goto this event or do nothing: those are the only choices. :rolleyes:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Daniel964

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 09:55:18 PM »
I plan on attending. I've mentioned it to several people I know and they want to go also. We need to do this like some multi level business. I'll get 3 to go and they each get 3 to go etc. Pretty soon it's a lot of people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 11:09:49 PM »
I plan on attending. I've mentioned it to several people I know and they want to go also. We need to do this like some multi level business. I'll get 3 to go and they each get 3 to go etc. Pretty soon it's a lot of people.

Okay, you give me $50, cuz I decided to go before you.  Then from your $50 from each of your 3 people, you can keep $40 of it and pass $10 to me.  Then from each of their three, you get to keep $5 of the $10, and I get the other $5.

Kinda like that? =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 11:32:58 PM »
Ted Nugent to Speak and Play at the Second Amendment March in Spring 2010!           
Written by Daniel White      
Tuesday, 10 February 2009

The Second Amendment March is proud to announce that rock-n-roll legend and Second Amendment Activist Ted Nugent has enthusiastically agreed to perform and speak at the Second Amendment March in Spring 2010! In a conversation just this morning to event founder and promoter, Skip Coryell, Ted Nugent said:

"Goodstuff Skip. If you are so inclined, you may throw the Nuge rocketfuel on the fire by emphasizing my personal total support as an individual and as a BOD of NRA & GOA! ONWARD!"

Well, Ted, let me think about it. Okay! Done thinking! You're in and thanks much! When I pressed him to bring his guitar, Ted replied:

"It would not be a complete freedom rally without my firebreathing Star Spangled Banner eruption!"

We look forward to Ted's performance and thank him for his support in lending us his voice, his guitar and his tremendous starpower! God bless the Nuge!

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
Skip is a super guy! I met with him a couple times when he lived briefly in Iowa a few years ago.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 10:45:59 AM »
This brings up a question. With everybody having "jobs" and all that, WHAT IF we ever have an all out revolution?? How many people will take a stand ?? I'm think MAYBE 5%, IF that. ( I THINK I'm being overly optimistic, too)
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

TMM

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 12:18:58 PM »
i'd think that it wouldn't be an all-out revolution if only 5% participated...

and the anti-gun media would be all over these "crazy right-wing gun nuts" like flies over...

tmm

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 01:02:58 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 05:15:55 PM »
Ah, the masks are coming in useful again.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 05:19:16 PM »
So what happens if and when one of the liberal "true believers" of the sort who have loaded weapons in a concealed-carry class to make a statement...show up and discharge a firearm?

Way to enable an AWB, "obviously too dangerous for citizens to have, see that?"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
So what happens if and when one of the liberal "true believers" of the sort who have loaded weapons in a concealed-carry class to make a statement...show up and discharge a firearm?

Way to enable an AWB, "obviously too dangerous for citizens to have, see that?"

This is brought up every time something like that gets suggested. Interestingly, it hasn't transpired yet.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2009, 05:34:48 PM »
I'm going to start looking for a VW bus to paint camoflauge. :)

I can make a sign on the back "Iowa to DC"

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »
This is brought up every time something like that gets suggested. Interestingly, it hasn't transpired yet.

Because something like this hasn't happened yet.

Let me put it this way. About a year ago, a couple of activist brats from the Boston area called in a "man with a gun" seen outside buildings near the airport.

He was outside the Firing Line range, carrying his rifle to his car. The police went after him and all, and he could have been killed if there was a mistake. They had been waiting for something to report like that, to get the police to go after a gun owner, because that would show those gun owners...!

The brats were charged with making a false report, but they were True Believers. I don't put anything past them.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »
It would probably been fun to go to, provided my schedule doesn't get in the way.

It wouldn't be a priority because marches don't accomplish much of anything. They make the participants feel good and get (maybe) some media attention. Congressmen don't look out their windows, see a bunch of people and say, "boy, I'd better change my vote!".

Gun owners and the NRA are already a potent force, as the media constantly reminds us, and as congresscritters are keenly aware. The only question is how much of a backlash the congresscritters see as a result of their votes.

I suspect that the 40% 2008 over 2007 increase in gun sales isn't being ignored by the Democrat leadership.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »
Because something like this hasn't happened yet.

Weren't there various pro-gun rallies in the 90's?

Also, why, then, don't the same people do it at other issue-themed conservative/libertarian rallies?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
been there, done that,
40 people showed up

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32615

follow that link back to 1999

we organized a rally, Rich from TFL volunteered to underwrite travel expenses and 40 people showed up

The biggest was the AIMM rally which was set up counter to the MMM

they had ~3000 people

A free Nugent concert on the mall might be a huge draw
but that is going to cost huge amounts of capitol to make happen

someone has to rent the portapotties