Author Topic: *%&^#&@(^% Bank of America  (Read 6516 times)

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:32:14 PM by Don't care »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: *%&^#&@(^% Bank of America
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »
Every time I get annoyed at USAA's lack of brick and mortar stores I read a thread like this and am reminded how much I love them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
"Note that your reference is Bankrate.com.  Do you really think they'll give an honest review of a credit union when they are the single biggest threat the "traditional" banking system?"

Think again, and check out Bankrate.com.

They frequently recomment credit unions for many different reasons.

Just because the site has "bank" in the name doesn't mean that it's an advocacy site for the banking industry. They are, in fact, an aggregator of financial/banking industry data.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
It's BOA's freakin' check.  At some point they have to accept the check and transfer the funds from that customers account to whomever the check is made out to.

I dropped it in the mail to USAA.

In addition to giving $$$ to ACORN, they are also #2 on the list of TARP $$$ recipients.
http://projects.nytimes.com/creditcrisis/recipients/table

Just to give you some idea, there's even an entire message board (like APS) devoted to BOA.....

http://www.bankofamericasucks.com/
That's a lot of PO'd customers.
I get what you are mad about.  What I am trying to get out of you is how many other banks you cash checks at that don't care about your account status?  It seems that you have set yourself up for this by doing all your own banking remotely.  You could simply find a local bank to have an account to dump checks to and transfer the money over when you feel like it. 

Personally, I've never had an issue with BofA.  I don't sign up for insurance from anyone including them.  I'll have to think about the donations, but that is a separate discussion. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 06:17:54 PM »
Chase Bank has all but refused to do any business with anyone who doesn't have an account with them. Goodbye.

I've never had that kind of problem with Chase. They do the finger print on the check if you don't have an account. But before I had an account, they never charged fees for cashing checks.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »
I had an account with Wachovia for about 10 years, beginning before they bought out the First National Bank of Atlanta and renamed it. Around the 8-year mark the branch my account was based in refused to cash a $25 check a friend had written to me, on an account also based in that branch, because my account was overdrawn to the tune of about $2.75. When I pointed out to the assistant branch manager that that check had nothing to do with my account and her refusal was illegal she threatened to call the police if I didn't leave. The next day I spoke to the branch manager, who assured me nothing of the sort would happen again and asked me nicely not to pursue legal action.

Just past ten years with them and times were hard for the Bubbanator. Through an error in my recordkeeping thanks to a deadbeat roommate I overdrew the account by a little over $200 - the only time besides the above that I overdrew the account - and couldn't get the money together to make it right for a couple of months. When I did get it and go to the bank they accepted my payment - including late fees - and my apology, refused the money in excess of the overdraft and fees I wanted to deposit, and told me they were closing the account. No ifs, ands, or buts. I haven't set foot in a Wachovia branch since and never will.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
USAA for the win, once again. Get a scanner and do Deposit @ Home for ultimate pleasure in banking.  =D
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »
What I am trying to get out of you is how many other banks you cash checks at that don't care about your account status? 

This is maybe the third time in the last 18 years I've cashed a check locally.  The other times, I've gone to the issuing bank and cashed it there.  No problems.

USAA is super-customer friendly.  There have been times in the past when an electronic payment has gone through before the electronic (direct) deposit.  I've seen on the statement the account go negative, but no fees charged for the day or so the account was in the red.   THAT'S Service.

Sometime I'll tell the story of when Mrs. Scout hit a Bundeswehr Leopard II on the South Tank trail outside of Baumholder.  Again fantastic service.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »
Many banks do the whole thumbprint thing to prevent check fraud. Definitely a pain in the ass.

Personally, I bank with BOA and haven't ever had a problem.  Then again, my mother used to work there as an assistant manager and still has a lot of friends working there, so it could be I just haven't gotten the run around because of that.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth