Author Topic: RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!111111one  (Read 6415 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!111111one
« on: February 22, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »
Did anyone really expect anything else?

How many small businesses will close, now? How many people will stop projects that would cause them to make more than the $250K a year limit for being smacked in the head and being told "BAD rich person, you pay lots more!"

I think small business owners will either set down their tools and spreadsheets and sit back just below that limit, close their doors if they can't manage anymore under the tax burden, or go under the table out of necessity, just to survive. And the market isn't going to like this.

This is pure Saul Alinsky redistribution. Create a crisis, hand out money to the nonworking classes. Then create a crisis to take from the entrepreneurs and CEOs, the rich, because they are bad.

You want to cut the deficit? Throw out over half of the spending bill. Done. But they would never do that!

Obama Seeks to Halve Deficit to Half Trillion Per Year by 2013
President Obama is using the coming week to work on a budget for the next fiscal year that puts government in the direction of spending only half as much beyond its means than will be spent this year.

Republican governors reacted skeptically Sunday to news that President Obama plans to halve the record budget deficits to more than a half trillion dollars by 2013, the end of the current presidential term.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty told "FOX News Sunday" that the markets reacted badly to the $787 billion stimulus bill signed into legislation this past week -- the market is now down more than 41 percent off its mark of one year ago -- and it's only going to get worse if the president raises taxes.

Pawlenty said if voters think raising taxes will solve the deficit, he's got "hunting land for you in northern Minnesota."

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, who vehemently opposed the stimulus bill, said cutting in half the annual deficit is a drop in the bucket.

"The operational deficit is a very small component of the larger deficit this country is running," he said.

An administration official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Saturday that the president plans to cut back the annual budget deficit to $533 billion by time he ends his current term in office. That would be down from the $1.3 trillion deficit expected in fiscal year 2009.

The president is holding a fiscal policy summit on Monday, while the governors are still in town for their National Governors Association Winter meeting.

On Tuesday, the president will give a joint address to Congress. On Thursday he plans to send an outline of his first budget request to Capitol Hill.

The official said the deficit will be shrunk by scaling back Iraq war spending, ending the temporary tax breaks enacted by the Bush administration for those making $250,000 or more a year, and streamlining government.

"We can't generate sustained growth without getting our deficits under control," Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address that seemed to preview his intentions. He said his budget will be "sober in its assessments, honest in its accounting, and lays out in detail my strategy for investing in what we need, cutting what we don't, and restoring fiscal discipline."

Pennsylvania Democratic Gov. Ed Rendall said that tax increases that may be offered will do no harm to the country. He pointed to President Clinton's first term in office, when he raised taxes on the wealthy. The Clinton administration had four years of budget surpluses in its second term.

Obama's budget is expected to find ways to establish universal health care and lessen the country's reliance on foreign oil.

Obama has pledged to make deficit reduction a priority both as a candidate and a president. But he also has said economic recovery must come first.

Last week, he signed into law the stimulus measure that is meant to create jobs but certainly will add to the nation's skyrocketing national debt. He also is implementing the $700 billion financial sector rescue passed on Bush's watch; about $75 billion of which is being used toward Obama's plan to help homeowners facing foreclosure.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/22/obama-seeks-halve-deficit-half-trillion-year-end-term/

Seriously. "Well, you see, Mr. Obama, we have research almost there to make a fantastic low-cost home energy system, but we're not going to make it."

"You will make it. Why not?"

"Because I already make enough to earn $250,000 a year, and if I were to make more, well, your administration would punish me with such a tax burden that I'd actually lose money. So I'm going to stop here and just sit on what we have, what's in production."

"YOU WILL MAKE THE DEVICE. We can pass laws to make you."

"Nope. Sorry. Not going to. And we will destroy the research if you try. What research?"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:02:43 PM by Manedwolf »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: RAISE TAXES!!!!!!!111111one
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
Did it ever occur to him that he could bring the deficit to the $533 billion level by just not signing the porkulus bill?

Raising taxes in bad economic times. Not a good idea, President Barack Hoover.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Is he INTENTIONALLY messing up?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
Is he INTENTIONALLY messing up?

No. He's proceeding on his agenda. Even he knows that lowering taxes increases revenue.

This is radical redistribution of wealth, perfectly on course.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
Dang. That's... interesting. I wonder where this is going to lead. :|
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

BMacklem

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 01:03:31 PM »
Economic collapse....
eventually a revolt and civil war.

just sayin'

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
He's proceeding on his agenda. Even he knows that lowering taxes increases revenue.
This is radical redistribution of wealth, perfectly on course.

Yep. It worked miracles in East Germany and England, didn't it?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »
Dang. That's... interesting. I wonder where this is going to lead. :|

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
Economic collapse....
eventually a revolt and civil war.

just sayin'

Makes for good fantasy.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
Quote from: JamisJockey

Makes for good fantasy.

Not so much......

What happens when Rick Santelli "gets" the CBOE and CBOT to take a week or so off ??  What happens if it spreads.

I get a real sense of anger in talking to people here in my area.  It's gone from the usual "We're PO'd at the stupid politicans", to "Hey, they're REALLY screwing up the country, and we may have to stop them."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 12:45:53 AM »

Not so much......

What happens when Rick Santelli "gets" the CBOE and CBOT to take a week or so off ??  What happens if it spreads.

I get a real sense of anger in talking to people here in my area.  It's gone from the usual "We're PO'd at the stupid politicans", to "Hey, they're REALLY screwing up the country, and we may have to stop them."

The 64 billion dollar question is how do we get them to stop when they seem to no longer give a damn as to the cares of their constituents.
Look, tiny text!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:50:33 AM »
The 64 billion dollar question is how do we get them to stop when they seem to no longer give a damn as to the cares of their constituents.

Know how some buildings have a giant OFF switch on the breaker junctions outside?

Is there one on the side of the Capitol somewhere? Just turn the damn thing off?

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »
Maybe this a test by the politicians to see if they have beaten us down to the point that we no longer resist anything they do.

When the government realizes that no one is going to attempt to throw off their chains they will be so emboldened as to really break out the real shackles.

I am only 33, but I have watched my government become a very tyrannical monster with a voracious appetite for more power and control.

Question is whether the people will really let the monster eat them or put it in a cage...maybe kill if it can't be caged.

No, this not a call for violent revolution. We have to sink much further down than this for that to be needed.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 01:29:08 AM »
It should have been obvious to anyone with a modicum of reason that Obama planned to be the President of the Underclass.  Now he is going about effecting that agenda.  The man became President with the help of a lot of Americans who should have known better, who should have realized that "hope and change" meant taking from them and giving to others less deserving.

Well, here we are, and the man has the Presidency, the Congress, the media, and the wind behind him.  It is going to get worse before it gets better.  If it gets better.

The American people are going to have to get their minds around what is really going on.  And that won't be easy, because a lot of them really don't want to. 

Where we go from here will depend on how much anger is really out there and how constructively it is channeled.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »
Apparently, taxes on capital gains may be...raised.

That'll help the market! ;/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »
It should have been obvious to anyone with a modicum of reason that Obama planned to be the President of the Underclass.  Now he is going about effecting that agenda.  The man became President with the help of a lot of Americans who should have known better, who should have realized that "hope and change" meant taking from them and giving to others less deserving.

Well, here we are, and the man has the Presidency, the Congress, the media, and the wind behind him.  It is going to get worse before it gets better.  If it gets better.

The American people are going to have to get their minds around what is really going on.  And that won't be easy, because a lot of them really don't want to. 

Where we go from here will depend on how much anger is really out there and how constructively it is channeled.
Obama also has zero experience in the private sector so he has no concept of how this stuff will affect the economy beyond what his leftist advisers tell him. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »
Obama also has zero experience in the private sector so he has no concept of how this stuff will affect the economy beyond what his leftist advisers tell him. 

No, I think he knows exactly how it will affect the economy. So do the advisors. They can't be that stupid. This is not unintentional.

You can't build your grand plan unless you knock down what already exists.

Saul Alinsky, remember? "Rules for Radicals"?

"A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage -- the political paradise of communism."

"The first step in community organization is community disorganization. The disruption of the present organization is the first step toward community organization. Present arrangements must be disorganized if they are  to be displace by new patterns.... All change means disorganization of the old and organization of the new."

Yeah.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 05:42:48 PM »
The 64 billion TRILLION dollar question is how do we get them to stop when they seem to no longer give a damn as to the cares of their constituents.

Had to fix that one for you. =(
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »
No, I think he knows exactly how it will affect the economy. So do the advisors. They can't be that stupid. This is not unintentional.

You can't build your grand plan unless you knock down what already exists.

Saul Alinsky, remember? "Rules for Radicals"?

Yeah.

You hater!  Racist!  You're a racist!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 02:27:43 PM »
Can someone explain the tax law, I already though people where taxed on a sliding scale of how much they make. What percentage does a person making 20k a year get taxed? What percentage does someone making 35k a year get taxed? 100k and 250k tax percentages whould be awesome if anyone knows. I make about 33k a year and get taxed about 32.75% (NYS)  how does this compare with other tax brackets?

ronnyreagan

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
I make about 33k a year and get taxed about 32.75% (NYS)  how does this compare with other tax brackets?
Do you mean the top marginal tax rate for a bracket or your effective income tax rate or every tax that you pay combined (not just income)? I made about $42k and my (effective) state and federal income tax rate was about 15% this year after some pretty normal deductions.

There is a frightening number of people who just don't understand how tax brackets work, so they think that getting a raise that just puts them into the next tax bracket could be a net loss for them.
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »
I was including all taxes combined that I pay comes up to about (a smidge more) 32.75% including Med125, FICA, FED WT, NY ST, NY DIS, and Yonkers city tax. According to what is says on my pay stub.

And quick question, Why the hell dont they teach this in high school I had to leave school to learn about something that will affect me the rest of my life, but thats not good enough to put in the ciriculum?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
And quick question, Why the hell dont they teach this in high school I had to leave school to learn about something that will affect me the rest of my life, but thats not good enough to put in the ciriculum?

They taught it in my high school.

It was a private school.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 03:21:14 AM »

They taught it in my high school.

It was a private school.

My high school was private as well.

We got the basic run down on doing taxes in Civics class :laugh:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »
I was including all taxes combined that I pay comes up to about (a smidge more) 32.75% including Med125, FICA, FED WT, NY ST, NY DIS, and Yonkers city tax. According to what is says on my pay stub.

There is no way they are going to tell you about it in government school.

The purpose of public school is not to educate, and especially not to reveal the truth. This raises generations that are quite happy with their net pay and don't release how much the government is stealing from their gross pay. The deductions and illusion of "refunds" keep them happy.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!