Author Topic: Ferrets Anonymous, how weird California's laws are!  (Read 8073 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: Ferrets Anonymous, how weird California's laws are!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 06:28:54 AM »
California: where the legislators think they rule the people and the people pretend to be ruled. ;)
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »
Warren speak true.

Everybody there knows the tube weasels are illegal, but they still go about their business and keep them anyway.

We almost bought one when we lived in Citrus Heights, but we didn't know how well it would've gotten along with our cat.

My neighbors in Florida had a pair of ferrets, and I was woken up several nights by two furry little guys looking to play.

They snuck out in the middle of the night, came in via my roommate's cat door, and proceeded to entertain themselves. 

Sleeping humans are indeed fair game, it appears.   =D

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
Warren speak true.

Everybody there knows the tube weasels are illegal, but they still go about their business and keep them anyway.

We almost bought one when we lived in Citrus Heights, but we didn't know how well it would've gotten along with our cat.

My neighbors in Florida had a pair of ferrets, and I was woken up several nights by two furry little guys looking to play.

They snuck out in the middle of the night, came in via my roommate's cat door, and proceeded to entertain themselves. 

Sleeping humans are indeed fair game, it appears.   =D

Thank heaven they don't get any bigger.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:56 PM »
I lurv me some ferrets. I can't wait to get a house so I can buy a couple.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 03:29:46 PM »
Thank heaven they don't get any bigger.

Oh, they were an absolute riot, and I felt bad carrying the squirmy little dudes back to the neighbor's house several nights in a row, waking them up and asking them if they were missing somebody.  I figured I could just close my bedroom door, and would've loved to have an open-door ferret policy in the house, but I rented from my roommate, and he wasn't too keen on a ferret/cat dual residency. 

It's unnerving, though, having a couple little ferret noses twittering in your face when you're sleeping.  They were just curious and looking for fun, but if you didn't know any better (and I didn't the first night it happened) then you're in for a bit of a shock.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 08:27:38 PM »
Heh... girl I used to date had one of the definitions of True Evil: a ferret with it's own brain.

Little known fact: 95-99% of the ferrets in the world all share one brain. If you watch them, you can see when one gets his turn: he'll stop, look around kinda stunned... then his turn is over, and he continues bouncing sideways along.

But Ferdinand had a brain all his own: the ONLY place in that apartment he couldn't get to was the bloody ceiling fan. There were cupboards WE had trouble getting into, that he had no issues with.

While I was dating her, I had to treat my boots in the morning like I was in a desert: shake 'em out before putting 'em on. Seems the tube kitties thought cav boots were the PERFECT place to sleep...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 09:16:48 PM »
My wife had a bad day: I had her picture ferrets frisking with a puppy to cheer her up. :)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 09:51:26 PM »
To steal from Dave Barry, "Strangling the Ferret" would be an excellent name for a rock band.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
i love ferrets too.

whenever we have them at the kennel i always call ferret duty. we have two that used to come in often. Izzy and Tizzy. those two and a jingly cat toy could entertain for hours.

i did once see a special about ferret fanciers on PBS and i must say they might actually be crazier then dog fanciers. (BTW, i have come to the conclusion that all those who breed, show and devote their life to a particular animal are nuts, myself included.  =D )
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Quote from: Gewehr98

When did you live in Citrus Heights?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
1994-1999 for Citrus Heights.

1991-1994 we lived in Orangevale, just down Greenback Lane a smidgen. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 06:10:51 AM »
When I was a kid we lived on El Toro Marine Base.  There was an open field next to the playground.  I remember there were these ferret-like critters that roamed that field, not sure if they were wild weasels of some kind or ferrets, but I remember them pretty well.  We'd stand along the fence and watch them during recess.  Maybe 6th grade.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 11:31:28 AM »
Before my time--I didn't get out here until 2002.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 04:18:15 PM »
When I was a kid we lived on El Toro Marine Base.  There was an open field next to the playground.  I remember there were these ferret-like critters that roamed that field, not sure if they were wild weasels of some kind or ferrets, but I remember them pretty well.  We'd stand along the fence and watch them during recess.  Maybe 6th grade.

Did they have J79 turbofan engines?  Cause then yes, those were Wild Weasels.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »
The Marines didn't have Wild Weasels.

Those were the poor guys in the USAF F-100s, F-105s, and eventually Lead Sleds (aka, F-4G Phantoms), doing their best to get a missile radar locked on them so they could shoot back at the SAM site that painted them.   :O

F-16s are doing the same thing now.

The program was originally dubbed "Project Ferret". 

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth