Author Topic: Stuffing a safe  (Read 1812 times)

digitalandanalog

• friend
Stuffing a safe
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:53:55 PM »
I know plenty of us here have at least one safe.

I only have one...for now.

That one is now incapable of holding anything more than the air around the occupying objects. (Not bragging, just a fact. I have too much crap that I don't want leaving the house without me accompanying it =D)

Anyone else have this problem?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Stuffing a safe
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »
Unfortunately, no.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »
Guns. Important documents. Jewelry, maybe. What else would you put in there?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 11:57:47 PM »
What else would you put in there?

CD's and DVD's that are rare are in there too.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:53 AM »
Yes.  It doesn't help that most of the rifles are pike-length military surplus.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »
Grampa wants to give me a safe that weighs 2 tons and has about 2 cubic feet of storage capacity... seeing as i'd want to keep it in my room, which is upstairs, and the fact that we live in a rental and would have to move it again, and also the fact that i have more than 2 cubic feet of stuff to put in there....

sad thing is that i will probably accept this ungainly hunk of steel and furnace cement... and eventually buy another...

TMM

Lee

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:25:57 PM »
Yes.  Mine is about half full of firearms, and the other half is a mix of old photos and other mementos that have value only to me, but would be impossible to replace. 

Impure Client

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »
Regarding old photos:
Have them scanned or do it yourself in high resolution and store them on a memory card and place it in a safety deposit box or another
member of the family's home in case the worst happens.  You can put a memory card in a tupperware container and bury it in the yard even.
Scanning/storing is not only safe keeping for you but your future generations to come so they can see great great great Granmpa. Hi-res scanners
and memory cards are dirt cheap now, it just takes a little time to scan the pictures. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
I'd have to dig for it, but I came across a link somewhere for a vendor that sells rods that attach to the ceiling of the safe and allow you to stand each rifle straight up supposedly allowing you to stuff in more guns.  I never got around to buying a set, but it looked useful. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:58:32 PM »
The one thing I have been thinking lately is that is I should have gone with a couple of smaller safes instead of one larger one.  They would be much easier to move and might actually fit in the average closet.  I might need a small rifle safe soon to handle a bit of overflow, but we'll see.  I've just rearranged stuff in the past.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
for long guns.
put at least every other one into a gunsock and alternate muzzle up/down.
handguns are in gunsocks or zippered cases on the top shelf.
I get 45 guns into a 30 gun safe with dehumidifier, dozen or so custom knives, some documents and jewelry, etc.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 06:42:30 PM »
If anyone has too much to stuff in a safe and needs to create some room let me know and I will PM you my address where you can ship me what you don't want or need. =D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
for long guns.
put at least every other one into a gunsock and alternate muzzle up/down.
handguns are in gunsocks or zippered cases on the top shelf.
I get 45 guns into a 30 gun safe with dehumidifier, dozen or so custom knives, some documents and jewelry, etc.
I have a velcro pad tied to the inside of the door on my safe with some holsters that stick to it.  You can store several pistols real easy without taking up shelf space.  I'm not sure who sells them.  The guy I bought it from at Lonestar Gun Safes in Houston sells them with his safes.

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 07:24:24 PM »
I just bought my first safe, a small Sentry fire safe from Costco. I haven't bolted it down yet.