Author Topic: what kinda critter  (Read 10516 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: what kinda critter
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 10:37:14 PM »
I'm sorry about the loss of your baby goat and hope you find out who/what the culprit is.

How are your girls handling this?  
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 10:40:21 PM »
they are ok  there were twins so they still have one.  they have lost critters before. chickens and ducks and we had a pony die of old age. the pony was bad because i didn't bury it here and kid was steamed.  you know what kinda whole you need?!  hard ground too!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
How big is a baby goat?

A co-workers wife lost her Jack Russell Terrier to a large raptor of some sort in N Texas.

Second happiest day of my co-worker's life, as he hated that damn dog.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 11:44:33 PM »
How big is a baby goat?

A co-workers wife lost her Jack Russell Terrier to a large raptor of some sort in N Texas.

Second happiest day of my co-worker's life, as he hated that damn dog.

They've got velociraptors in N Texas now?

Saddle up boys.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2009, 11:45:31 PM »
yea they small enough for a bird to take em  saw a pomeranian puppy go for a flight with an owl
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »
Another vote for raptor.  Eagle, bald or not, or maybe an owl.  Are there Barn Owls out here?
Oh, and I think you need an attack cat.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 08:15:23 AM »
if no blood/signs of struggle, you might find it stuck somewhere out of sight.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 08:26:44 AM »
or maybe a liger

That's pretty much my favorite animal....

But x2 on look around for a stuck goat.
7-11 was a part time job.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »
they are ok  there were twins so they still have one.  they have lost critters before. chickens and ducks and we had a pony die of old age. the pony was bad because i didn't bury it here and kid was steamed.  you know what kinda whole you need?!  hard ground too!

So what does one do with a dead pony, then?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 10:49:49 AM »
So what does one do with a dead pony, then?

Dig a hole with a backhoe or some sort of excavator, put pony inside, then cover.

Yes, really.

When I worked for Parks and Rec during college, we had a polo pony die during a match at one of our parks.  That's exactly how it was handled, in a remote corner of the park.

Chris

• friends
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »
the stafford county landfill took it  surprised me  th guy was real nice  he thought i was bringing the kid  had a "grave " dug off to the side . hes got daughters too

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »
I'd go for a Viking style funeral pyre. Kids feel like the horsie gets a good send off, you get to play with fire. Win-win imho.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »
I'd go for a Viking style funeral pyre. Kids feel like the horsie gets a good send off, you get to play with fire. Win-win imho.

Horses are pretty big, and that's a lot of wood. The fire would have to be very large, very hot, and stoked for a very long time to break down the bones.

Even high temperature gas-fired human crematoriums can't get rid of all the bones and teeth, they have to pulverize the remains to give the the unrecognizeable "ashes" to the survivors.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
Horses are pretty big, and that's a lot of wood. The fire would have to be very large, very hot, and stoked for a very long time to break down the bones.

Even high temperature gas-fired human crematoriums can't get rid of all the bones and teeth, they have to pulverize the remains to give the the unrecognizeable "ashes" to the survivors.

And a free horse skeleton after! Sounds like a triple win to me. :D
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 11:36:44 AM »
http://www.bakercommodities.com/animal-mortalities.asp

This outfit in south Seattle picks up dead cattle as feedstock for the local rendering plant.  I wonder if they would take a horse.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »
ya gots to call the knackerman and he hauls it off to the rendering factory
http://knackerman.com/
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »
mtnbk is right.

and its a big hole.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

myrockfight

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 03:48:13 PM »
I like Savalas' theory....

"Or the Philadadelphia Experiment's residual effects..."

Well. I was entertained anyway.

When we had cattle or horses die, I would wait for them to decompose and/or the coyotes/etc. to pick most of the meat off and then take the skulls and bleach 'em out. I always thought they were cool. My buddy's son came out to the farm and we told him that a cow's bones were that of a dinosaur's. He was young enough at the time to believe us. Barely.

That was the same day he thought I was trying to run him over with the truck. Apparantly that stuck with him for a while, because my friend's mom (she has been friends with my aunt since they were 5) was complaining to me about it a month later. LOL. Poor kid. That is the kind of crap my Dad's friends would do sometimes too. You've always got to have someone who is older to pick on you a little bit when you are young. Although it bugged me a bit, I enjoyed it the attention and being acceptable enough to goof around with like one of them. 

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »
the stafford county landfill took it  surprised me  th guy was real nice  he thought i was bringing the kid  had a "grave " dug off to the side . hes got daughters too

He thought you wanted to bury your daughter in the landfill?  :O

Big mob presence out thataway?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »

The best kindling is old floppies...

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »
He thought you wanted to bury your daughter in the landfill?  :O

Big mob presence out thataway?

nah  he was trying to keep my kid from seeing her pony go into the trash

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
And a free horse skeleton after! Sounds like a triple win to me. :D

Triple win, new term fun!  :laugh:

We'd take deceased dairy cows out to a woodlot on the property and toss em in the corner.  Bag of lime, and they melt away to bones in no time flat.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
Sorry to hear that. 
I have a friend who used to tie his little dog up outside a lot.  When the dog would start barking and acting weird, he would go outside with his highpoint 9mm rifle and pop the coyotes coming in.  I think he shot about 5-6 of them.  This was always during the day or early summer evening. 
I suppose it could be a raptor of some type though. 

• friends
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33:18 PM »
its all part of the food chain  of course i'm above most of the predators  and anything not a federally protected species is toast if i catch it  federally protected i just scare it :rolleyes: :angel: