Author Topic: Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough  (Read 6184 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Family who are 'too fat to work' say £22,000 worth of benefits is not enough

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5004431/Family-who-are-too-fat-to-work-say-22000-worth-of-benefits-is-not-enough.html

They are NOT too fat to work. 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Whatever happened to "If you don't work you don't eat?"
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Nightfall

• friend
Eat less and work more.  Two of your problems will go away.   ;/
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Mr Chawner said: "What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

The family claim to spend £50 a week on food and consume 3,000 calories each a day. The recommended maximum intake is 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men.

"We have cereal for breakfast, bacon butties for lunch and microwave pies with mashed potato or chips (edit: french fries for us Yanks) for dinner," Mrs Chawner told Closer magazine.

"All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive. We're fat because it's in our genes. Our whole family is overweight," she added.

lolz.

They need to stay out of the center of the grocery store and shop around the perimeter. 

You're fat because you eat nothing but bacon, deep fried crap and high sugar breakfast cereals.  Not because of genes.  Learn to cook properly instead of the crap in the frozen food section, and get your caloric intake down to the low 2K range.

Porkers.  I'm glad they're on the UK dole instead of ours.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
I am not sure the problem is physical.  I think there is a mental issue as well. 

Laziness?  Selfishness?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BridgeRunner

• friend
She doesn't have time to work because she is a student of hairdressing? 

Apparently students can't exercise.  Wonder why I keep running into my classmates at the Y.  Maybe our law curriculum is just not as demanding as her hair-cutting program.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
I don't think I can even post anything worthwhile (big change there, eh?) on this particular matter.
Just...ugh.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5004431/Family-who-are-too-fat-to-work-say-22000-worth-of-benefits-is-not-enough.html

I have seen fatter people than any of them that work.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
I have seen fatter people than any of them that work.

Exactly.  My sister is about the same girth as those two daughters, and she works full time (in Geriatric Nursing, NOT easy), goes to school full time pursuing an M.S AND is raising two of her three kids while supporting her lay-about live in boyfriend.

Whatever happened to "If you don't work you don't eat?"

Works for me.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

Heck....I'm fatter than them...and I work so skinny people on welfare don't have to....  :mad:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Antibubba

• friend
Why does the term "Rendering judgement" come to mind when I look at that picture?   :laugh:
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
I suddenly feel a whole lot skinnier.
Look, tiny text!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Why does the term "Rendering judgement" come to mind when I look at that picture?   :laugh:

"Rendering" something, at least.

I still haven't gotten over the bacon lunches and fried food dinners.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Vodka7

• friend
http://images.google.com/images?q=bacon butties

Good lord.  I love bacon, but it looks like those things are half a pound of bacon on a bun...  One of those for lunch, every day?

Regolith

• friend
I suddenly feel a whole lot skinnier.

Hell, they make ME feel skinny....

And that's a pretty freaking huge feat.   :O
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
they are totally serious too!
I ran into a lot of this attitude among the English/Irish when I lived in Ireland.
very entitled generations and generations of people never paying a dime in tax, they get handouts over handouts. groups travel around town to town, claiming they cant read or write, sign X on the form and get hundreds a week.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The father is seriously claiming that he can't work because he's overweight?

Yeah. Right.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
they are totally serious too!I ran into a lot of this attitude among the English/Irish when I lived in Ireland.
Unfortunately true. A lot of people, when challenged about it, will say 'well I've paid my taxes, so they owe me!'.
Of course the vast majority of them haven't pai diddly-squat in taxes, because they either have hardly worked in their life, or when they have worked, it was in the lowest of the low of tax brackets anyway.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
well I've paid my taxes, so they owe me!

Every time someone says that, a bureaucrat gets his wings.
Look, tiny text!

erictank

• friends

Not a single one of them.  Heck, I'd be amazed if daddy there was 20 pounds heavier than I am, relative to our respective heights (assuming he's not 6'0" or so like me).  I worked with a guy at the nuclear power plant who was consistently between 325-350 pounds, depending on whether he was actively dieting or not (he did Atkins frequently, and yo-yo'ed by about 25-30 pounds a year), and there was another guy who was well over 400.  Both of them worked 12-hour rotating shift work - twelve hours a day, 3-4 days per week (plus overtime, which there was a lot of, not voluntary - we averaged 50+ hours per week almost the entire time I was there), rotating between days and nights every single week, working 2+ weekends out of every 5 (depending on overtime), holidays worked just like normal days, etc.  If chubby-dad can't get off his butt and haul in to a job, it certainly ain't 'cause he's fat.  There are people working at numerous establishments within a 20-mile radius of my home who are at least as large as either of the daughters in that photo, too.  Maybe not upper-class positions, not even upper-middle - but they're WORKING.

Disgraceful.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

Eat less than 3,000 calories per diem.

Problem solved.

They ALL claim the problem is hereditary? How does that work? Did the husband and wife both have a hereditary tendency toward morbid obesity, and deliberately seek out a spouse with the same problem? The odds against two people with such a hereditary condition hooking up by accident must be astronomical.

Twits.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 12:59:58 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grislyatoms

• friends
We deserve more

Therein lies the problem.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Denial levels are pretty high right there, indeed. I bet if someone were able to covertly observe and record their food consumption for a week or two, it would shed some light on the situation.
Now, I am only 23, and as such my metabolism is still fairly quick - but I am a lazy bum. I have an office job, and spend far too much time at work and at home at a computer desk. I still eat plenty, but I am not yet over 180 pounds. I was for a whle in 2006, after all those ice cream 'thick-shakes' I had each and every day on my Australia holiday.
Losing weight is simple. It's not enjoyable, sure, but it really is very, very, VERY simple. As Hawkmoon said, you just reduce caloric intake, and if possible, increase your levels of activity.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
this is just disgusting. for many reasons:

i've seen folks much more obese

i've seen folks much more obese that work their big butts hard. hell, one of my friends from college. if her family sat on that family that family, that family would be squeshed. but her family didn't live on welfare. they all had jobs.

and, by the by, a couple pounds of bacon cost more then the veggies it takes to make a freaking salad.

"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

agricola

• friend
Unfortunately true. A lot of people, when challenged about it, will say 'well I've paid my taxes, so they owe me!'.
Of course the vast majority of them haven't pai diddly-squat in taxes, because they either have hardly worked in their life, or when they have worked, it was in the lowest of the low of tax brackets anyway.

This is somewhat true (as is the "lazy immigrants coming over here and getting stuff for free" line, for much the same reasons), and its not helped by this Governments habit since 1997 of deeming people as "disabled" (and therefore unable to work) to remove them from the official unemployment figures.  This has nearly always been recognized as a scam, but one that the Government was unwilling to admit to.   

Now that our economy is broke of course, we are seeing the Labour Party spin against the people it gave money to in the first place.... not that they are spinning that hard (on a related topic, we have not had anywhere near the number of suits arrested as there has been in the states - the FSA appears to be focused on trying to bring prosecutions against Madoff and Stanford).     
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"