Author Topic: Got a vasectomy today!  (Read 10379 times)

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
Re: Got a vasectomy today!
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2009, 10:19:01 AM »
I had mine back in 1978.

I can tell you one thing you don't want to do, is go haul some five gallon buckets of water out of the basement the day after.

Trust me on this.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
I got a vasectomy today about three hours ago. The doctor gave me a small perscription for lorazepam to take before the big event to ease anxiety. I took two and didn't really notice anything different. It was actually pretty fast, and only took 15-20 minutes. My girlfriend came with and even took some pictures. It wasn't that bad, and hopefully this heals quick. I've had lots of friends and family members get one done without problems.

Anyone interested in live action vasectomy pics? Let me know and I'll post them.

lol

Took PICTURES? Umm...  No, thanks.

Had mine nearly a year ago, now.  I stayed on the couch a day or two with a bag of frozen peas in my lap from time to time, didn't do any heavy lifting for a couple more, and refrained from... extracurricular activities for a little over a week.  Procedure itself, like yours, was quite fast, and aside from the injection of the local anesthesia itself (which, just like the doctor said in just those words, felt rather like a kick in the balls), was essentially painless - just some odd pulling sensations.  I was more sore afterwards than in actual pain, if you get the difference.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »
I had mine back in 1978.

I can tell you one thing you don't want to do, is go haul some five gallon buckets of water out of the basement the day after.

Trust me on this.
So you had the vasectomy and the next day you lost your testicles?  :O

:laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

mejeepnut

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »
Cool,you now have the sport model!

Teknoid

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 05:20:55 PM »
Had mine done 20 years ago. It was an adventure. The pill they gave me was working fine, and I was feeling no pain. It was done as an outpatient in a teaching hospital. I didn't really expect the tour of students that came through. All young females, of course.

I probably looked like an idiot when I smiled and waved. If the drugs had been a tad bit better, I probably would have said something really pithy.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »
The pain isn't too bad, but I really don't really feel like doing anything involving lots of movement or activity. It feels sort of like the soccer ball that hit me in the groin back in 1981.

Lots of ice packs do help. I took off Monday so I have some time before I got to go back to work.

Did any of you guys have problems with your ears after a vasectomy? My ears still hurt. At my clinic they clip your ear tips like they clip a cat's ear tips after being neutered at the vet. I hope that goes away soon.

lol

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »
Had mine done in '90.  It all went just fine.  Well, except the part where I was standing in the kitchen wearing nothing but my briefs later that evening, rooting through the fridge for something to eat.  I felt something warm running down my leg, looked down to find a pool of blood on the floor.  That was interesting.
Plus, there's the fact that my ex- and I had our daughter ten months later.  But that's another story...

edited for spelling.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 03:08:47 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 07:46:18 PM »
At my clinic they clip your ear tips like they clip a cat's ear tips after being neutered at the vet. I hope that goes away soon.

Wait, what?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
Interesting things you read about on Wikipedia.
On July 16, 1858, in order to avoid the temptation of prostitutes, Corbett castrated himself with a pair of scissors.[3] Afterward, he ate a meal and went to a prayer meeting, before going for medical treatment.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Corbett

Wait, what?
Probably a joke. I'm guessing they gave him some strong meds.  :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 09:02:06 PM »
Wait, what?
I don't know, if your goal is picking up women to sleep with at the bar, that might not be such a bad idea.  :D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 11:45:57 PM »
It's too bad you only have photos and not video.  You could post them to Your Tube.    =D
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »
I need to get one of these.

For some strange reason, I'm really nervous about ANYONE messing around down there with sharp instruments, so I havn't done it yet.  If anyone knows a good dr in the DFW area...
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 12:19:22 AM »
Had mine done in '90.  It all went just fine.  Well, except the part where I was standing in the kitchen wearing nothing but my briefs later that evening, rooting through the fridge for something to eat.  I felt something warm runnng down my leg, looked down to find a pool of blood on the floor.  That was interesting.
Plus, there's the fact that my ex- and I had our daughter ten months later.  But that's another story...

Oh come one you can't quit there, the story was just getting good!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 11:40:59 PM by RaspberrySurprise »
Look, tiny text!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »
I really think your on the wrong site if you want to post pictures of your junk.
There are other sites dedicated to that type of stuff. Ask Fistfull I think he knows them.
I'm sure if he posted them on 4chan /b/ that people would appreciate it.  Then masturbate.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2009, 10:09:17 AM »
Had mine back in 2003.  

Had it done at the base hospital.  Everything went fine and even had 2 onlookers.  A male SRA and a female Amn.  Her first one and she had the honors of sewing up the incision.  Funny thing was, a week later I was walking around the commissary and ran into her.  I said hello and after she recognized me she turned red in the face.  Must of had a vision of my junk hanging out and her sewing me up.  =)

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
I slept a lot better last night. I think the Tyelnol 3 helped! I'm kind of glad I had a few left over from a previous perscription. I don't think the regular Tylenol works very good for me for pain relief.

It doesn't feel as bad today. I think the day after the procedure was the worst of it. I think things are starting to return to normal. I'll keep some ice on it occasionally and use some over the counter pain relief.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2009, 10:53:26 PM »
I was kidding about posting the pics. I didn't mean to freak anyone out. Actually, there really isn't much to see; it looks like people's fingers pulling a strand of spaghetti out of a iodine washed avacado that gets poked with a needle.

Can't get that pictyer iut ov maaaa . .  . feel fnnnnny. . . aafhladskjfadsdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 12:58:46 AM »
Definitely a good choice. The nine year old has tivo'd about 40 episodes of Family Guy, but watches them three at a time for about 10x each... And I can't delete them, or badness ensues. Despite the fact that there are binders holding over 600 movies available.

Blog under construction

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »
Day three is much better. I still feel a sort of dull ache, but the worst is gone. I'm going back to work tomorrow, and I don't think it will be too bad. The jeans felt a bit binding in the area, but looser fitting Docker type pants felt better on the painful area. I used some ice again today which helps.

I talked with my brother in laws over the last few days who also got snipped a while ago. They said by day three they were feeling better also.

I think a test drive with protection is going to happen in a few more days.

lol

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
I think a test drive with protection is going to happen in a few more days.

lol

Incidentally, how long after the operations should one use protection?

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 08:43:26 PM »
Incidentally, how long after the operations should one use protection?

You provide two consecutive samples after 3-4 weeks that show nothing. Usually 4-6 weeks.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »
You need to have at least ten ejaculations before providing the postop specimens for analysis.  Flushing out the pipes, as it were.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »
You need to have at least ten ejaculations before providing the postop specimens for analysis.  Flushing out the pipes, as it were.

Absolutely and completely true.  I have personal experience in this area.
Make sure the tester looks at the entire sample, not just a representative portion of it.
It only takes one...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MagnumDweeb

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 01:19:49 AM »
Umm, yeah, no, I'll just have my wife take birth control, my fiancees in on Yaz and the benefits are definately appreciable for my side. Plus I've heard there's a heightened risk of prostate cancer. Get the missus on birth control, buy some stock in Trojan, I'll skip the scapel.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
I really don't like putting my wife on hormonal birth control. It seems too risky and disruptive to mess with the hormones, plus, when she tried it right after we got married it made her very sick.

I heard they have a new pseudo-vasectomy procedure, where instead of severing the lines, they put a plastic clip on them to pinch it off. A side benefit is that it is somewhat reversible.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine