Author Topic: Feinstein Attempts to Block Solar Power Development  (Read 9745 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Feinstein Attempts to Block Solar Power Development
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »
To me, this seems like the best use of solar anyway. The technology is just not there for commercial solar grids that don't take up oodles of space. Ya got a house there already, with a roof on it. Slap some panels up there and you're not taking up any new space and you're significantly reducing your need for the grid, if not actually selling some juice back to the power company.

Leave large scale power to efficient tech, like nuclear.

But then they lose control.

They want everything to be centralized.

If you drill a well, how can they tax you for water usage?

If you drill a gas well, how can they get energy taxes off you?

If you mount solar panels on your roof, how can you be taxed for the power you use?

If you distill your own spirits, how can they tax you for the liquor?

If you refine WVO and run a VW Rabbit off it, how can road taxes be levied?

Any solution that focuses on decentralization and individualism will be looked down on.  When an individual takes control over some aspect of their life, the government loses it.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 02:14:18 PM »
To me, this seems like the best use of solar anyway. The technology is just not there for commercial solar grids that don't take up oodles of space. Ya got a house there already, with a roof on it. Slap some panels up there and you're not taking up any new space and you're significantly reducing your need for the grid, if not actually selling some juice back to the power company.

Leave large scale power to efficient tech, like nuclear.
I guess I just picture an entire subdivision down here around Houston with the homes having decent sized solar panel sets on their roofs and all designed to sell back power to the grid.  Would the combined power production of all the homes offset the intermittent use of A/C systems and refrigerators that operate through a hot afternoon?  It seems to me the energy pulled off the grid would be much less overall.  Add in a small battery system for lights and gas water heaters/ovens and you can run through blackouts without hardly noticing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
But then they lose control.

They want everything to be centralized.

If you drill a well, how can they tax you for water usage?

If you drill a gas well, how can they get energy taxes off you?

If you mount solar panels on your roof, how can you be taxed for the power you use?

If you distill your own spirits, how can they tax you for the liquor?

If you refine WVO and run a VW Rabbit off it, how can road taxes be levied?

Any solution that focuses on decentralization and individualism will be looked down on.  When an individual takes control over some aspect of their life, the government loses it.

Exactly. Actions, not words. The left only supports green energy in theory, to gain more power and send more money to the green energy guys who are contributing to their campaign. When it's put up or shut up time they always balk.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.