Author Topic: Bachmann bill would ban global currency  (Read 2249 times)

Desertdog

• friends
Bachmann bill would ban global currency
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:37:38 PM »
It's good to see a Republican try to put a sensible law on the books.  The Dems will have to be quite fearful if we hear anything else about it.  You know, committee here I come.  Bye, bye, real world.

Bachmann bill would ban global currency
@ 1:31 pm by Eric Zimmermann
http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/03/26/bachmann-bill-would-ban-global-currency/

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has introduced legislation that would "bar the dollar from being replace by any foreign currency." A statement from Bachmann's website:

“Yesterday, during a Financial Services Committee hearing, I asked Secretary Geithner if he would denounce efforts to move towards a global currency and he answered unequivocally that he would," said Bachmann. "And President Obama gave the nation the same assurances. But just a day later, Secretary Geithner has left the option on the table. I want to know which it is. The American people deserve to know."

On Monday, Geithner and Bernanke both rejected the idea of a global currency in Congressional testimony.  But in remarks to the Council on Foreign Relations yesterday, Geithner indicated he was open to the idea.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: Bachmann bill would ban global currency
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:05:50 PM »
That's a start.  Now they just need to pass bills banning every other bit of financial stupidity the government is dabling in. 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »
That's a start.  Now they just need to pass bills banning every other bit of financial stupidity the government is dabling in. 

Banning progressive taxes?   Na, not very likely.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:37:36 AM »
....wait, doesn't it work the other way around? You know, the government can only do what we specifically allow?

Or did that not work too well...?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »
The only guarantee is having the right people in government in the first place and making government aware there is a price to be paid for harming the people.  Thinking that the current crop will stick to their promises or "the law" is idle.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 03:48:48 PM »
On Monday, Geithner and Bernanke both rejected the idea of a global currency in Congressional testimony.  But in remarks to the Council on Foreign Relations yesterday, Geithner indicated he was open to the idea.

Kind'a gives new meaning to the phrase TWO FACED...  :rolleyes:

Pols:

They either think we're stupid or

They're stupid or

They actually believe exactly whatt they say when they say it which means they're NUTS!

Either way - we the people are screwed!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online