Author Topic: Post Office Going Broke  (Read 4950 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: Post Office Going Broke
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 07:34:32 PM »
sam's club has a card for stamps in the office supplies too.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 11:40:14 PM »
I mentioned to my post office ma'am that there really is no need to put bills in my PO Box 5 days a week.  I could get mail twice a month and that would be fine with me.

The only thing I do depend on the post office for is my meds from the VA.  From the time I order by phone til they are in my PO Box is right at four days.  The pharmacy service from the VA is top notch.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »
I could stand seeing 3-day delivery (M-W-F) come to pass.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mckormicnavistar

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
My wife is a rural mail carrier . The Post Office is very top heavy in management. Like any Federal Agency. They CHEAT the rurals on everything.The Post Office figures about .95 cents per mile their(Post Office)vehicles,but about .50 cents for rurals.One carrier has been shorted almost 4 miles a day. This converts to about 20 dollars a day(12 minutes per mile plus milage). Management GRIPES about everthing .They just finished  mail count, my went from getting every other Sat. off too working 6 days a week. I am done ranting key board can't take much more beating. :mad: