Main Forums > The Roundtable

Driving on a bad cylinder

<< < (3/9) > >>

K Frame:
"it was likely built in Japan and this is the problem, as the Japanese built cars are made from sub standard, recycled pot metal."

BBBBBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Stop it, you're killing me!

I've bought new American cars. The biggest, most enormous pieces of crap I have ever owned in my life. The ONLY way I will purchase a new American car again is if the company in question goes out of business and is resurrected by one of the Japanese companies as a shell corporation, and only AFTER all of the American designs have been scrapped.

Inferior pot metal?

Snicker!  :lol: ;/

Jamisjockey:

--- Quote from: ThrottleJockey on April 04, 2009, 04:08:15 AM ---Is the gas cap on the drivers side or the passenger side? This will often tell you where the car was built, drivers side=USA. If the cap is on the passenger side it was likely built in Japan and this is the problem, as the Japanese built cars are made from sub standard, recycled pot metal. In the latter case, you will have trouble for the life of the car(or as long as you own it).

--- End quote ---

Which orfice did you yank that out of?
Firstly, at current, I own two american cars.  Both of those gas caps are on the driver's side.
Secondly, "inferior pot metals"??    Do you have any sources?  And WND doesn't fly as a source.

41magsnub:

--- Quote from: ThrottleJockey on April 04, 2009, 04:08:15 AM ---Is the gas cap on the drivers side or the passenger side? This will often tell you where the car was built, drivers side=USA. If the cap is on the passenger side it was likely built in Japan and this is the problem, as the Japanese built cars are made from sub standard, recycled pot metal. In the latter case, you will have trouble for the life of the car(or as long as you own it). It is unlikely that a sensor would be bad without a code coming up. It is more likely an issue with a plug wire, coil pack, improperly installed or torqued plug, improper plug gap, injector fail, or warped cylinder head/bent valve. These problems while minor are often costly to repair, as the only way to diagnose is to just keep throwing money at it until you get the right thing. I prefer to keep my cars in the following guideline. K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple Stupid. My cars are often older, and all mechanical. Very simple to diagnose and repair, cheap too. And for the same price of a new car, you can buy and completely restore an older one often with money left over for new guns!

--- End quote ---

Not to post to just join in on the bashing, but how then do you explain the various Japanese cars cracking the 200K mile barrier and still running?  How many American cars have done that historically?

cassandra and sara's daddy:
man i was too slow to get any licks in. i'm gonna go get in my crv with 178 k on it and go to a funeral. funny just did first repairs to that car  put in a timing belt and the distributor went bad just before that. i did brakes at 100 k. the distributor was a shock. not like a honda.

ThrottleJockey:
Well, I'm not bashing japanese cars, about 85% of them are made right here in the USA from materials that are found right here. I agree that the japanese seem to be better at constructing them and hold quality control to a higher standard. What I am pointing out is the fact that some japanese cars are made here and some are still imported from japan. The difference is obvious. The gas cap thing is just one way of recognizing one from the other. Sort of like the Honda Goldwing, The ones with reverse gear were made over seas, while the ones without were made right here in the USA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version