Author Topic: avoiding airport security lines?  (Read 3495 times)

InfidelSerf

• friend
Re: avoiding airport security lines?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
I haven't flown since the TSA stole my pocket knife.

And thanks to the wife's job I can fly for free.   

I just don't have the desire anymore.  The dog and pony show is a joke.

I used to work for Delta.  Back then I noticed how one could legally get on any flight in the US without ever going through a security checkpoint.  I'm assuming they finally caught that loophole.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: avoiding airport security lines?
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 11:45:59 PM »
Just as a reminder of how much things changed:

In late August 2001 I flew from Minneapolis to Syracuse sitting across the aisle from a mother and her 15-year-old son who had brought a full-size samurai sword as a carry-on.  My hand to God.

I happened to be behind them in line at the check-in counter and at the security checkpoint.  In both places they raised a few eyebrows, but went through.

Folks, in the first half of 2001, you could talk a samurai sword onto an airplane by saying "It's too valuable, fragile and easily stolen to trust with the baggage handlers." and "It's only a practice blade, so it isn't even sharpened."
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage