Author Topic: Green Day and Slash  (Read 1565 times)

Seymour Skinner

Green Day and Slash
« on: November 25, 2005, 12:03:19 AM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 04:32:52 AM »
Not Green Day.  I am not interested in a bunch of uneducated rock-and-rollers opinion on politics and thusly have boycotted them.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Green Day and Slash
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 05:31:15 AM »
Gack. I knew GD was pretty left wing, but didn't know about the ANSI thing. I went to one of their concerts a couple months ago, too.

Oh, well..last dime they'll see from me.

Lo.Com.Denom

• friend
  • Welcome to my world...
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 10:11:02 AM »
Dammit, Slash was the man who made me put down my violin and pick up a guitar. Practically frog-marched me down to the music-shop the instant I heard "Use Your Illusion 1" on my Walkman. Finally, at age 13, I understood why people liked rock music...

Why can't rock-stars just stay drunken, idiot libertines and stay out of politics? Isn't fame, money and adulation enough?
 Still, can't say that I'm surprised, regrettably...

brimic

• friends
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 11:03:19 AM »
Don't like GD- I change the radio station whenever they come on- nothing like middle aged men singing like a bunch of angst filled 14 yo punks.

Slash- Liked G&R, but they are has-beens. Don't like the band he is in now that is comprised of has-beens.

Why can't rock-stars just stay drunken, idiot libertines and stay out of politics?
On the positive side, the Motor City Madman makes up for scores of empty headed drug addled lefties. Smiley
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Nightfall

• friend
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 01:01:37 PM »
I like GD's sound. Too bad they're left wing (insert your low road prefered adjective here). No money from me, either.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

...has left the building.

Green Day and Slash
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 01:49:07 PM »
Where is Alice Cooper when we need him?

To me, that's treason, I call it treason against rock 'n' roll because rock is the antithesis of politics. Rock should never be in bed with politics.

When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick.

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 09:52:21 PM »
Nope, not a fan of either of them. I used to like System of a Down until I found out that Michael Moore directed one of their videos. I threw the CDs I had in the trash immediately.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Ron

Green Day and Slash
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 12:38:33 PM »
Slash- Liked G&R, but they are has-beens. Don't like the band he is in now that is comprised of has-beens.
Ironicly the name of his new band is Velvet Revolver.Their debut disk is good IMHO.

Too bad they won't be getting anymore of my money.

Green Day, the name tells you all you need to know.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 02:55:14 PM »
From one of the pages on their site:

With your help the Million Faces Petition will be the world's biggest popular movement against the misuse of arms.
Asking you to send a pic of yourself in support of them, a 'Million Faces' thing.

Anyone thought of sending in a pic with you and your collection, or maybe one or two of your favorites?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

natedog

• friend
Green Day and Slash
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
Green Day and Slash suck, beyond participating in the IANSA.