Author Topic: Accidents will happen ...  (Read 1395 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Accidents will happen ...
« on: November 25, 2005, 03:15:19 AM »
Another gratuitous food thread.

I "accidently" spilled some of the buttermilk I got for mtnbkrs biscuit recipe into some Bisquick instead of using milk and they somehow turned into pancakes this moring.

OMG!!

TRY IT!!

Of course the Pure CONNECTICUT Maple Syrup I get right down the street from the guy who makes it may have helped.

BTW Anybody out there want some good syrup? This guy is one of the few left (around here anyways) that boils his sap down over a wood fired boiler. Almost everybody else these days uses oil. The wood fire is much cooler and less harsh on the syrup. We have at least 5 sugarhouses in the area, IMHO this one is the best. Let me know and I'll be happy to send you some at cost + shipping. A 1/2 gallon is $20 last I heard. There are smaller sizes too. I'll be making my yearly purchase soon anyways so it'll be on my way.   Cheesy

Oh, he swears that if you take 2 tablespoons of this  warm every day you'll never get sick. He's one of them crusty old New Englanders too, so how can you not believe him? Tongue
Avoid cliches like the plague!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 06:03:04 AM »
Bisquick is the spawn of Satan.

The stuff is disgusting.

Sorry.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 07:59:21 AM »

The stuff is disgusting.
No, tell us how you really feel,lol.
Hi.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 09:54:15 AM »
1/2 gallon is two quarts, right?  (I think in metric for most measure of volume).  I've had a hankering to make a Maple Mead next time the primary fermentor is free.  280plus, if you would, work up the cost of 4 x 1/2 gallons with shipping from your location to Denver, CO (no rush on shipping, it'll be a while until I space in the fermentor) and email me the results and we can work out the finanical details.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 12:18:13 PM »
Will do...

The stuff is disgusting.
Is not... Tongue

I'll never try the dumplings again though. shocked

Cheesy

280plus

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 08:35:20 AM »
Made the Bisquick and buttermilk pancakes for mrs 280 this A.M. She seemed to think they were pretty good too!

Even if they ARE spawn of Satan... shocked

Tongue

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 10:18:33 AM »
280plus - I too am interested in getting some real honest to god maple syrup. 1/2 gallon would do the trick. Could you check price and shipping to Oklahoma City. We can work out the details later. Maybe you could work out something with the shop owner where you get a finder's fee and he ships directly too us if we reference you in an order?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

280plus

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »
I happened to stop by there today. First off it's actually $22 per 1/2 gal. IIRC it was $20 last year. I'm trying to find out if he WILL ship direct.  He's in Texas right now it turns out.  I don't have to be in the middle if it's not necessary. But if he'd rather I do the packing and shipping that's ok too. I'm planning to see him next Saturday so I'll get back to you all on it soon after that. I'm not worried about getting any fee. Happy to do it for all my APS friends.

m