Author Topic: Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'  (Read 9133 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
Sounds like alot of what Bush's people said after Sept 11th....

Very true, but it seems a lot different this time.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
There were guys in Colonial uniforms.

Around here we have folks that wear clothing common in the 18th century (Amish), others that wear Confederate grey or Union blues (Gettysburg reenactors), folks wearing WWII kit (Battle of the Bulge reenactors around Anneville).  That isn't even touching on the Ren Faire types wearing all kinds of interesting stuff including large sharp or pointy objects.   

You'd need to wear something a lot weirder than Colonial uniforms to raise an eye around here. 

Sounds like alot of what Bush's people said after Sept 11th....

Very true, but it seems a lot different this time.

Same attitude, different folks.   This was exactly why I got angry with "Dissent is treason" type talk during the last administration.   Plus the torture, wiretapping, etc programs.  Not that I cared one fig about terrorists, but rather because I knew that eventually US citizens would eventually become the focus of such programs.   

It's already started, and will continue to start.  Folks in federal LEO organizations are starting to lean towards returning vets being more dangerous than the folks the vets were fighting.  It's starting to leak that the NSA went further than allowed by the FISA amendments in wiretapping US citizens.  It's not that bad at the moment.  Hopefully it's a really long time before it does get that bad.  But the tide is turning.  Every single last project, program or technology developed to be used against "terrorism" will end up in some fashion being used against US citizens. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »

Same attitude, different folks.   This was exactly why I got angry with "Dissent is treason" type talk during the last administration.   Plus the torture, wiretapping, etc programs.  Not that I cared one fig about terrorists, but rather because I knew that eventually US citizens would eventually become the focus of such programs.   

It's already started, and will continue to start.  Folks in federal LEO organizations are starting to lean towards returning vets being more dangerous than the folks the vets were fighting.  It's starting to leak that the NSA went further than allowed by the FISA amendments in wiretapping US citizens.  It's not that bad at the moment.  Hopefully it's a really long time before it does get that bad.  But the tide is turning.  Every single last project, program or technology developed to be used against "terrorism" will end up in some fashion being used against US citizens. 

While I never agreed to the Patriot Act, the Obama regime has plans to move the Patriot Act to an even deeper level. Just look at bills S.773 and 778. 773 is particularly disturbing in the way that it's so ambiguously worded.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »
Tea Parties are unhealthy.

Tea Parties are a form of dissent.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Is anyone surprised that Axelrod finds patriotism unhealthy? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
If they actually knew what "patriotism" meant, fistful, then maybe...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »
It means dissent anytime a Republican is in office.  Pay attention.   :rolleyes:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:18 AM »
Teabag..  face..  snicker...

Its tea party you jackass!

You didn't for a single second believe that their choice of words was thoughtless, did you?  The media-types have been talking about "teabagging" with cute little naughty grins since before the demonstrations even started.  It's one more way to marginalize by mockery, nevermind that I can't remember anyone having a tea-BAG party...

I have to say, I think the media is even more mean-spirited, now that their guy is in power, than when Bush was in the White House.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 04:38:07 AM »
You'd need to wear something a lot weirder than Colonial uniforms to raise an eye around here. 

Well clearly then you need to try harder :D :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2009, 11:28:03 AM »
The media-types have been talking about "teabagging" with cute little naughty grins since before the demonstrations even started.

It ain't just the media types.

The blogosphere has been rife with both the terminology and giggling. 

It was even a running joke around my house.   ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »
The media mean-spirited?  No, they're just using the metaphors they know and understand best.

The emotional age of most media types today is about 17.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.