Author Topic: Virus, SHTF in Mex?  (Read 15035 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Virus, SHTF in Mex?
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2009, 06:40:21 PM »
Now that I'm living in a town with two bars and one church, about 10 miles from the nearest "shopping center," the concept of a city or three catching a case of summer flu doesn't bother me all that much... My neighbors are mostly armed, and, well, when you have to get help to move the ammo...

If things start to get funky, I'm gonna pull the kids outta school, and hunker down. We've got food for probably at least a month or two, and if I can kill off some of the coyotes, some of the small game may come back...

I mean, I'll feel sorry for folks and all that, but when you cram 10,000,000 or more folks into a tiny area, you get problems.
Blog under construction

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2009, 06:46:29 PM »
"This may be it folks..."

:rolleyes:

Yep, just like every other massive flu pandemic of the past 40 years. 

Pull your shorts out of your sphincters and worry about something that is a major issue. 

Read the whole post please.

Cmdr. Gravez0r Sez
or it may blow over in a week and we'll never hear about it again.

What's more, I'm 21...I can't be held accountable to know stuff that happened before I was born! I'm Generation Y! C'mon!  =D :laugh:

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »
Pretty sure I saw this on the X-Files.  :lol:

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2009, 07:22:59 PM »
Pull your shorts out of your sphincters and worry about something that is a major issue.

The irony in this is just too much... :laugh: :laugh:

But, all you chicken little doom screamers be careful that you don't get hit by the sky a its falling.

A bit harsh? I must have been reading a different thread; I didn't hear any "chicken little doom screamers"...though I love that term. I'll tuck that one away for future use.  =D

"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2009, 07:27:08 PM »
I bet you might feel differently if you lived in Mexico....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2009, 07:29:23 PM »
Don't you have to touch the swine poo in order to get the swine flu?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2009, 07:56:59 PM »
Don't you have to touch the swine poo in order to get the swine flu?

Pandemics generally happen when the method of transmission mutates from direct contact to air borne person to person.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2009, 08:17:52 PM »
Yeah - the folks are saying that they're worried that it's no longer pig-human vectored, but now is human-human... Or maybe even airborne...

Let's look at the Ebola virus, for instance... Generally considered to be a monkey-human to human-human leaper, it is commonly spread by contact with contaminated fluids, and is not airborne. HOWEVER, some varieties, including some other types of simian hemorrhagic fevers, have become airborne. The one that killed off the monkey house near DC was airborne, but was thankfully not active in humans, altho if I remember correctly, some of the lab workers did test positive for antibodies.

Blog under construction

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »
SEE!!  SEE!!  Proof posative that David Icke is right and the reptilian Zindi are planning to exterminate us all with HARP chemtrails!  Thornton has a population of close to 120,000 people, so it is not a "small town".  More disinformation from Xenu!!!

Of course, those empty boxcars were moved north to a less populated area where they'd be less subject to vandals and the like.  I can see them on one of the routes I occasionally take to work.  Hidden in plain sight out in the middle of nowhere.  Waiting the day when they will be needed again to cheap & nasty imported goods that nobody needs to people who can't afford them.

Now what fun would that be Mike?  Western civilization and Americans in particular LOVE a good conspiracy theory to get our undies in a knot over. 

Thank you!!

The Zindi! That was the name of those STUPID alien races from Enterprise. Then after that foolish season they went back in time.

Way to kill a great idea...

Oh? The flu? Yeah, my post pretty much sums up how worried about it I am.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2009, 02:00:07 AM »
I think mike forgot his sig line.... =D.    And my comment was having to do with the fact the folk in 1918 were far  more used to dealing with adversity- we are not, as a culture. We are not as tough. I know my father, and his father and the stories about great grandad and trust me, we are not as hard. I know damn well I am not as tough as my grandma- she was a devout teetotaler as hard as nails.
  Lessee, just a list of the everyday things- routine death in childbirth, routine death from infection, routine death from polio, yadda yadda yadda.  A normal everyday part of life. 

PTK

• friends
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2009, 02:26:03 AM »
Thank you!!

The Zindi! That was the name of those STUPID alien races from Enterprise. Then after that foolish season they went back in time.

Way to kill a great idea...

Oh? The flu? Yeah, my post pretty much sums up how worried about it I am.

Xindi.  =D
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »

Yeah, like the complete lack of meat flavors in KoolAid.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:44 AM »
Maybe this will motivate DHS to strengthen Border Patrol to curtail the flow of illegal aliens.....

....sometime after swine flu wipes out Washington, DC....

:mad:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
unfortunatly, it seems the cases in ny are from people travelling to mexico.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_swine_flu_states

New York health officials said more than 100 students at the St. Francis Preparatory School, in Queens, recently began suffering a fever, sore throat and aches and pains. Some of their relatives also have been ill.

Some St. Francis students had recently traveled to Mexico, The New York Times and New York Post reported Sunday
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

brimic

• friends
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »
Just spent a week in Cancun- never heard of this outbreak until yesterday when I got back in the states.

From my understanding, the epicenter of the outbreak seems to be around Mexico city or Northern Mexico- not sure why an American would want to go to those places int he first place.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2009, 11:33:17 AM »
"Read the whole post please."

I HAVE read the whole post, EVERY ONE of them here. Gotta ask you... IS THIS IT????????? or not?

Why they hysterical mantra lead in if you're even in doubt? Those who truly believe it's SHTF/TEOTWAKI! don't equivocate.

Every time the CDC/WHO gets worried about something the "OH MY GOD IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT GET GUNS GET AMMO GET GOLD GET TO THE HILLS GET SCREWING TO REPOPULATE A DEVASTATED HUMANITY" crowd comes slithering out of the woodwork just smacking its lips at the prospect of inciting panic and discord.

Hey, we're going to have record temperatures here in Northern Virginia today.

OH NOES! IS THIS THE GLOBAL WARMING *expletive deleted*it HITS THE FAN END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT???!!!!!???

Or is it just another hot spring day in Virginia?

Enough.

You want to pay Oh Noes, End of the World games? Do it somewhere else. Anyone wants to discuss this without the bull/crap references? Open another thread.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:41:37 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.