Author Topic: Something I got via email today  (Read 3766 times)

.Cheese.

• friend
Something I got via email today
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it is, as I filled it lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table.  Everywhere!!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And others birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch. So, I took down the bird feeder and in three days, the birds were gone.

I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be.... quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now let's see.  Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, and free education and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly, our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing five families; you have to wait six hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English.

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to 'press one' to hear my bank talk to me in English, and

people waving flags other than 'The USA Flag' are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding

more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Something I got via email today
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »
Thats a good analogy.
I think its time to throw out some of those glue traps and see what we catch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:56:48 PM by never_retreat »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »
Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

Put it in Mexico's back yard.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:29:45 PM »
Put it in Mexico's back yard.

It is, sort of... =|
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

.Cheese.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:42 PM »
Unfortunately, the email wasn't entirely apt.

I recently put up a bird feeder 2 weeks ago.  It was supposed to be for the cats to watch birds through the window.

I haven't had a single bird show up.

BMacklem

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:54:29 PM »
Tell you something that really upset me tonight.
I just saw a Jimmy Johns (sub sandwich shop) commercial, and it was in spanish, on regular TV.
What the heck is this? Why do I have to learn spanish to watch a mainstream channel?
This is just wrong on a number of levels.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:05:55 AM »
Tell you something that really upset me tonight.
I just saw a Jimmy Johns (sub sandwich shop) commercial, and it was in spanish, on regular TV.
What the heck is this? Why do I have to learn spanish to watch a mainstream channel?

Did you stop to ponder that they might be trying to attract Spanish speaking customers? Whats wrong with a private company trying to attract different demographics? Sounds like good ole capitalism to me. Now if it was something government related I'd be right next to you with torch and pitchfork.
Look, tiny text!

BMacklem

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
Because this is America, and English is the predominately spoken language.
If they want to come here so badly, they should learn our language, not us having to cater to their every wish and whim.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »
And how is a private company paying to air a Spanish language ad catering to somebody's wish or whim? No one is forcing them to do it, they're doing it of their own will in the hopes that it attracts customers.
Look, tiny text!

slugcatcher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »
And how is a private company paying to air a Spanish language ad catering to somebody's wish or whim? No one is forcing them to do it, they're doing it of their own will in the hopes that it attracts customers.

They've chosen their customer base and the majority of people in this country are obviously not in it. I will not spend my money there.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
Because this is America, and English is the predominately spoken language.
If they want to come here so badly, they should learn our language, not us having to cater to their every wish and whim.

Some folks living in America don't believe in America.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »
Have you tuned into PBS lately.  Lots of Mexican programing, along with our TAX DOLLARS.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:57:12 AM by Desertdog »

BMacklem

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 11:17:31 PM »
actually I don't watch much TV anymore anyways, I just found it disgusting that mexicans are being catered to with our tv stations, don't they have their own channels all in spanish? then let an all spanish commercial air there, NOT ON A REGULAR PUBLIC CHANNEL!