Author Topic: Any hockey fans?  (Read 6244 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Any hockey fans?
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »
Did you guys miss the greatest 20 minutes of hockey last night (Blackhawks defeat Vancouver 7-5) ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Dn9CejwRc

p.s. Frak the Deadwings.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
I did not miss this, however, it was only bitter sweet for me as the Pens failed to close out the Caps despite playing a great game.

Go Hawks!

Hopefully the Pens put it on the Caps tonight.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 07:03:32 PM »
Here come the Hawks, the mighty BlackHawks!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
It's nice to be able to breathe again.  Wings win 4-3, no thanks to the refs.  Just like the Finals last year, it was like the refs were doing their best to keep the Wings from winning.  So many bad calls and non-calls.  I can't wait for the Hawks, though.  That should also be  good series.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
How'd you like that burst of speed on Darren Helm's breakaway.  He is one speedy critter.  Been watching him play in Grand Rapids the last couple years.  Bet he stays up next year.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »
How'd you like that burst of speed on Darren Helm's breakaway.  He is one speedy critter.  Been watching him play in Grand Rapids the last couple years.  Bet he stays up next year.
They said he was from Winnipeg.  His new nickname should be The Winnipeg Jet.  That was an awesome goal. 
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2009, 10:57:35 PM »
Hey grampster,
How about your boy Abdelkader getting his first goal.  Was that sweet or what?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 11:14:29 PM »
Yup.  He's a very happy camper.  What's really been fun for Lynn and I is that about half the roster of the Wings are former GR Griffins.
They've had a major impact in the playoffs.

I'm not making any predictions, but the Red Wings are superb!!  They are so deep it's scary.  It also looks like Sidney Crosby is losing his cool. =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »
Yup.  He's a very happy camper.  What's really been fun for Lynn and I is that about half the roster of the Wings are former GR Griffins.
They've had a major impact in the playoffs.

I'm not making any predictions, but the Red Wings are superb!!  They are so deep it's scary.  It also looks like Sidney Crosby is losing his cool. =D

I was at the Caps/Wings game when Leino scored his first and it was pretty sweet too.  Helm has just been phenomenal.  That hit on Hal Gill was awesome.  The Wings are stocked pretty well for the future.

Crosby is gonna end up getting leveled before this series is over, hopefully by Kronwall.  The Wings are gonna do to him what Todd Marchant did to Pavel Datsyuk and he is gonna get frustrated.  The best part is that he's not half as good defensively as Datsyuk, so even though he wasn't scoring, he was still able to contributr quite a bit.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 12:33:18 AM »

grampster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 12:42:20 AM »
"Red Wings are superb!!"

I got yer QFT amd raise ya 3 Lord Stanley's. =D

26point2

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »
That was great.  Even better is Malkin having to sit out game 3.  Gotta love the instigator rule.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 11:01:11 PM »
W00t!!   Wings!!!

Former GR Griffins score all three goals...Erikkson, Filpulla and Abdelkader!!

26point2

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 07:34:45 AM »
That was great.  Even better is Malkin having to sit out game 3.  Gotta love the instigator rule.

He'll play...the NHL says... "the fight did not result from the Penguins trying to send a message or seeking retribution for a prior incident."

How about Ozzie getting lanced right after the save??  Was that just "trying to score"??

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »
He'll play...the NHL says... "the fight did not result from the Penguins trying to send a message or seeking retribution for a prior incident."

How about Ozzie getting lanced right after the save??  Was that just "trying to score"??

Yeah, I saw that.  The Pens were losing their second in a row and Malkin goes after Zetterberg and basically gets in a few cheap shots but somehow that wasn't trying to send message.  I shouldn't be surprised considering Campbell let Scott Walker slide after his sucker punch in the boston series.  I was hoping he'd sit just to even things up a bit because the Wings are missing their star Russian too.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
I was rather disappointed with the SCF even though I am a Pens fan.

Yes, the officiating was equal, in the sense that both teams got away with huge game-changing penalties.  However, the officiating was not correct.  I'd rather see them play by the regular season rules so that the winner of the cup is the best team in hockey, not hockey with modified rules.

Nothing was more fitting to display the joke of officiating than, after all the hooks, holds, picks, interference, ect. ect. both teams were running, they call that weak double penalty hooking on the pens and holding on the wings.

Really? You saw both of those very soft errors at the same time but saw none of the other glowing errors?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Big Wings fan here.  Pens deserved to win.  They beat the deepest and most experienced team in hockey.  That says a lot for the Pens.  I salute them.