Author Topic: patriot act obama style  (Read 1883 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
patriot act obama style
« on: May 06, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1721658/free_ashton_lundeby_movement_gains.html

16 year old kid shafted for 2 months under the hope change regime
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: patriot act obama style
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:21:01 AM »
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1721658/free_ashton_lundeby_movement_gains.html

16 year old kid shafted for 2 months under the hope change regime

He attends a church.

Obviously he's one of those "Right-wing Extremists" we were warned about.

I bet he's against abortion too!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »
See, this is PRECISELY what opponents of the Act warned about.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
I'm kinda surprised that you of all people brought this to our attention, C&SD.  You're normally "johnny law can do no wrong" when it comes to LEO snafus.  I thought of posting this to APS when I heard about it yesterday, and imagined your response would be rather different than mine.

As far as the story itself goes.... Mom says they were at church when the calls went out.

Either the kid VPN'ed into his own router from church then launched a VoIP call, the kid wasn't at church with his family, or someone else got into his router.

Interesting they arrested the kid though... and not Mom or anyone else.  That they deliberately went after the minor in the house rather than the legally culpable party.  Makes me wonder if they have audio that matches his voice.  Or something else that points to the kid in a more direct manner than a router IP address (which is pretty weak evidence, IMO).
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »
i hate real abuses. only thing i hate more is fraudulent claims of abuse.i see way more of the one than the other. the bogus ones make it hard to pursue legitimate grievances.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

lone_gunman

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 03:19:08 PM »
Why are we surprised?  That Patriot Act was a bad law from the beginning.  The Republicans gave us this crap.  Fear wins over freedom.

Some famous politician/philosopher once said that when new legislation is proposed, we should not look at the good it will do when administered properly, but at the harm it will do when administered improperly.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »
Why are we surprised?  That Patriot Act was a bad law from the beginning.  The Republicans gave us this crap.  Fear wins over freedom.

Some famous politician/philosopher once said that when new legislation is proposed, we should not look at the good it will do when administered properly, but at the harm it will do when administered improperly.

Yup, but when it was passed, all the good Republicans said we needed the law to fight terrorists.  Nobody wanted to think about the day when those shiny new tools were left in the toolshed after Bush left office...

Chris

• friends

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 11:53:07 PM »
This is the first time I've noticed he's from Oxford.  That's a podunk, nothing town about an hour from Raleigh.

And yes, she sounds like an idiot.

Chris