Author Topic: APS is...  (Read 7809 times)

APS is...
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 12:28:27 PM »
Never been to the desert myself.

Supposed to cool down at night - right?  Okay we gotta have a fire anyway, might as well do a rendition of the old Miller Lite Beer commercial. Dangerfieid, Ukar, Spillane...

Scorpions - are you not supposed to do scorpion races?  I mean if one can do crab races in FL, why not Scorpion races...

Hey Art, how tight are with the Law down there - might have an idea on more retirement funds for you and yours...

"If you build it - they will buy it".

"Gimmee five on five to win..." Smiley

APS is...
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 02:42:09 PM »
I'm sure that rock is supposed to be a metaphor for someone but I'm bad at metaphors. Smiley

APS is...
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 03:22:47 PM »
Smiley

Barbara , no metaphor.

Just I had a really big brain fade and could not recall what your preferred shooting pastime is.  I "think" it is trap, but I did not want to be incorrect.

I dunno, I recall seeing the pics with you assisting the kids out shooting and came up with shooting at a rock.

I like to lob shotgun slugs. Even the .410 ones from a single shot...used to be a rock we shot at, until some showoff came out with a .50 cal.

Darn show off, and he didn't even have to 'walk in' his shots. Cheesy

Lennyjoe

• friend
APS is...
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2005, 05:09:46 PM »
I know you folks aint calling me a newbie Wink

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
APS is...
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2005, 05:11:38 PM »
Good point.

Tell you what.

I'll LET you bring the ammo.

Nice of me, eh?
One day at a time.

APS is...
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 05:17:16 PM »
Oh no sir!

"Never call a guy that can send big fast planes a newbie".  Cheesy

Good to see you here sir!

Steve

grampster

• friend
APS is...
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 05:53:40 PM »
One vote for next October.  "Art's October Ronnievoo"
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
APS is...
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 06:05:12 PM »
Quote from: grampster
One vote for next October.  "Art's October Ronnievoo"
Another vote for October.  Let's have it on my birthday, October 19th.  That way you can bring me presents. Wink

grampster

• friend
APS is...
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 06:13:07 PM »
October 19.  10-19.  In old cop 10 signal lingo that's "No Traffic".  Perfect analogy.  No traffic in Art's high desert kingdom, except maybe a lead traffic jam downrange.  Plus Larry gets presents.  Works for me.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

APS is...
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 07:38:46 PM »
Dear Instructors,
Please excuse Steve from classes.
He is scheduled to run a Cannonball to the desert, shoot guns, chase lizards, attend a scorpion roundup.
Yeah he know the class stuff is online - knows he can do some stuff online - but gee willikers, not everyday a fella gets invited to make noise and blow stuff up!

Respectfully,
APS

Hey, I have already had to use the "dog will be eating my homework" , and " I will be locking myself out of the house" for Spring Semester.

I have to re-new my Res CCW and Attend Tulsa, seems I have another something to renew...forget.  Non Res Fl is not due for renewal until'07  Already told instructor  I had 'certs to renew".  "Thats cool - we can work around stuff, we are team now - we are stuck with each other until we finish CCNA 4"

The game plan for this Cisco stuff is - we have the same instructor throughout.  I can take the exams online if need be...special situations.

I know, I bet by then I will have some busted Cisco Routers we can shoot. That is class related - right?  I can bring old patch cords for lassos...I know where the big roll of Cat 5e is...

Cat 3 small enought to lasso a scorpion?  Cheesy

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
APS is...
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2005, 10:23:23 AM »
Steve

Just make a lasso out of a single strand. Could use the springs from the drive doors to make a little twitch up snare.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

grampster

• friend
APS is...
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2005, 10:25:52 AM »
I hear Art has Jackalope on premises.

APS is...
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2005, 11:20:29 AM »
I hear Art has Jackalope on premises.
Yep! You hunt them like snipe and they taste like chicken!  Cheesy

I'll tell you one one thing, I see / here one more of them Short Fat dolls dressed in red wishing me stuff, I'm going be sure and snag it and not blink an eye when I shoot it with a slug.  "Mr. Bill" just thought he had it bad...

Always wanted to spend time in the desert. Folks share that is very unique. I have been giving the desert a lot of thought since this thread.

I don't have any NVG, still I would like to wander out and see what all goes on at night. Just real curious about some things. I used to work Graveyard, the day world differs from the night. I know this occurs in nature as well, as I have 'explored' my siurrounding at night. Just the desert intrigues me.

Lennyjoe

• friend
APS is...
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2005, 03:28:06 PM »
Where the heck does Art live?  If I have to bring ammo I might have to rent an 18 wheeler.  Smiley

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
APS is...
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2005, 03:51:00 PM »
I could be persuaded to cough up about 10K rounds of ammo, I guess.  And maybe a few bullet delivery devices...  Cheesy
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

P95Carry

APS is...
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2005, 04:26:11 PM »
Where the heck does Art live?
`
Terlingua Lenny - IIRC!  Amazing tho what you can haul even in a pickup Cheesy
Chris - P95
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
Rohrbaugh interest/ownership? - Rohrbaugh Forum Rohrbaugh R9 FAQ Site