Author Topic: Cars meets Fast and Furious  (Read 1794 times)

drewtam

• friend
Cars meets Fast and Furious
« on: May 17, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
Here is something from the lighter side. Its a sketch by Pixar based on the hit movie "Cars" but makes a parody of "Fast and Furious" culture.

http://www.noob.us/humor/the-fast-and-the-furious-pixar-style/
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Standing Wolf

• friend
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

digitalandanalog

• friend
Re: Cars meets Fast and Furious
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 12:33:39 AM »
My kids are so gonna love that cartoon. I had a few good laughs too.

Pixar has real potential. I have enjoyed almost all of their work.

Actually, Cars was the one movie that I didn't really care for too much, but that 'toon was funny.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »
There's a "Fast and Furious culture"? I thought F2F was just a series of movies about street racing? Did I miss something?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
Yes, yes there is.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
There's a "Fast and Furious culture"? I thought F2F was just a series of movies about street racing? Did I miss something?

Yup. You'll see these posers cruising around (in my town, they like the Walmart parking lot). Some pimply faced, skinny ass teenaged punk in his beat to *expletive deleted*it, primer coated <insert beat up import here> with a big muffler and playing loud rap music while gunning the engine.

As to something else I wonder- why do many little white shits trying to be "black" bleach their hair blonde? Doesn't make any sense to me...

Google "ricer" for some examples.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 05:28:02 AM »
So this is about street racing? Or just posing with a shiny-looking car because you don't actually dare to race, legally or otherwise?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 05:53:34 AM »
So this is about street racing? Or just posing with a shiny-looking car because you don't actually dare to race, legally or otherwise?

A bit of both, depending on who's involved.  A lot of it is people who take stock cars and put body kits on them, but can't afford to actually make the vehicles go fast.  They're all show, no go, so to speak.  Some few actually have the money to put performance parts into them and race them; some of the races are illegal, a lot are sanctioned or performed on rented or abandoned runways. 

9 times out of 10 if you see a modded up import, though, its probably got a stock or close to stock engine, and doesn't perform any better than a stock vehicle.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 09:10:07 AM »
I used to drive around in a 1986 300ZX.  Outside was totally stock and if you knew the car, it presented as a non-turbo.  Condition was about 90%. Almost nothing about the exterior indicated any type of modifications.

There was an endless stream of ricers who would appear next to me at traffic lights revving their squirrel cages and jeering out the window.  The car was a magnet for these guys. 

What you couldn't tell was that engine was completely hand-rebuilt from a bare block, turboed, boosted, intake, exhaust (not flashy exhaust, just performance), aggressive clutch.  Suspension was all redone with all urethane bushings, stiffer springs with a 1" drop, and 5-point adjustable shocks that could go from basically stock to ultra-tight.  Brakes had been upgraded as well.  The thing accelerated in any direction with a fierceness.

My favorite trick was to switch the ignition off while rolling, and just let the engine spin with no fuel or fire, powered by the car's momentum.  At that point I would floor the throttle, which allowed the engine to pump enough air through the intake and out the exhaust that the turbo would actually spool up to about 1PSI even though nothing was being burned.  Flip the ignition back on and the engine would kick in so hard that you might think you were just rear-ended by a bus!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage