Author Topic: Don't ask don't tell? Uh oh, someone is going to have a hard time of it...  (Read 4877 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Is there a larger version of that photo out there anywhere? I am tentatively calling a foul. The helmets those guys are wearing do not appear to my aging eyes like the current-issue USGI PSGAT (or whatever it's called). They look, in fact, like the same steel pots we wore in Vietnam.

This thing has been well documented and corroborated in various MSM news channels.  Even SecDef Gates has weighed in on the incident.  There is nothing "foul" about it, except perhaps, the man's choice of underwear illustrations. =D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
He's finally stateside. 

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=10640010

Looks like he took a lot of ribbing from his fellow Army grunts over the incident.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Phantom Warrior

• friend
Is there a larger version of that photo out there anywhere? I am tentatively calling a foul. The helmets those guys are wearing do not appear to my aging eyes like the current-issue USGI PSGAT (or whatever it's called). They look, in fact, like the same steel pots we wore in Vietnam.

They are wearing the new MICH/ACH Helmet.  These have replaced the old PASGT helmet in almost all of the Army.  There are some PASGT helmets knocking around in TRADOC but deploying troops all have ACHs.  I wore one for 15 months in Iraq.  This isn't a hoax.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
They have new helmets, now?  My whole world is shaken.   :O

They have a built-in mount for NODs, right? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Phantom Warrior

• friend
They have new helmets, now?  My whole world is shaken.   :O

They have a built-in mount for NODs, right? 

Sort of.  There is a plate that screws into the front of the Kevlar.  Then the NODs mount onto that plate.  So yes, the mount is physically attached to the helmet.  It just isn't built-in, per se.  The set up is pretty durable, except for when people drop their Kevlar and break the edge of the mount off.   :rolleyes:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
OK.  Way better than the straps we may do with before.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife