Author Topic: Got this in my e-mail "U.S. Military Vets being disarmed!"  (Read 911 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Got this in my e-mail "U.S. Military Vets being disarmed!"
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:56:20 AM »
U.S. Military Vets being disarmed!
(TRN) -- The U.S. Veterans Administration has been instructed by the Department of Homeland Security to ask military vets 3 questions when they come in for any kind of mediccal check-up or problem. Answering "Yes" to any single question will result in the vet being disarmed by the government.

The following e-mail was sent to the Turner Radio Network by a Vietnam Veteran who enjoys our radio shows. His identity is14:51 2711236 wrss12@yahoo. com.br H pr=g.

"I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting I would like to pass along.. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions.
(1. Did I feel stressed?)
(2. Did I feel threatened?)
(3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?)

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Viet Nam vet and 15 year cc permit holder.

Looks like they are going after us vets."
Be forewarned and be aware.

The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners as potential terrorists.

If you are a veteran, you've been warned.

If you know veterans, please pass this on to them.

Before I strap on the aluminum beanie, can anyone confirm this ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Got this in my e-mail "U.S. Military Vets being disarmed!"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 08:12:38 AM »
I checked Snopes and could not find anything on it.

IIRC there is something that requires the VA to report names of those found to be adjudicated as insane, a danger to self or others, or unable to manage their affairs (probably not the precise terms in the law) to NICS (which is not Homeland Security).

The operative word is "adjudicated" - needs to be a formal, adversarial hearing, not merely a panel of three docs saying you need the rubber room.

The "Three Questions" are pretty standard screening for anyone coming in seeking mental health services, but I were asked those because I wanted treatment for arthrits I would be pretty much upset and thinking the nurse might need some rubber room time.

By the way -

Do you know what day it is?
Do you know who is President?
Do you know where you are?
I'm going to say three numbers and three words.  Try to remember them.  After your waterboarding I'll ask you to repeat the three numbers and three words.

Put the foil beanie away.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »
Did I feel stressed?

I would answer yes to that 90% of the time.  At least to some degree.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
1. Did I feel stressed?)
Nope
(2. Did I feel threatened?)
Nope
(3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?)
Nope - well - at least not until YOU started asking me these silly questions...  =D
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online