Author Topic: No doubt where VA gov. candidate Terry McAuliffe stands on guns now...  (Read 2350 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Today is the Democratic primary in Virginia.

McAuliffe doesn't have, as far as I can tell, thing one about firearms issues on his website. But a little bit ago I heard a very chilling radio commercial for him.

Essentially, he was taking Creigh Deeds to task for voting to allow CCW carriers in restaurants that serve alcohol. It really took a lot of the same crap as can be found in this Utube smear piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0c_R44HNV8&gclid=CLvJmaSe_poCFVpM5QodEHwLdw

Then the commercial launched into what can only charitably be called a full-blown assault on Virginia state preemption. Fairfax County's board of directors, led then by Gerry Connolley (who is a friend of mine and who is now in Congress) and now Sharon Bulova, has tried for years to outlaw firearms in county buildings, including libraries and rec centers. (I hammered Gerry on it once, asking him where he was going to come up with the money for the magnetometers and people to man them at every county facility to GUARANTEE that people will obey the law. He sort of looked blankly at me and started to sputter when I accused him of wanting to pass more feel-good, sound-bite legislation that sounds great but which actually does nothing at all but inconvenience and endanger the law abiding. He didn't like that very much.)

Deeds is no tremendous friend of gunowners in Virginia, but he has a far better stance on the subject than McAuliffe.

I can't even imagine the kind of damage that fool could to to what we've gained in Virginia over the last nearly 20 years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Is he the yoohoo being backed by the NYC mayor?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Well AP is calling it for Deeds, relieving me of guilt since I never got around to voting today. McAuliffe would have been a nightmare, just an obvious quasi-carpetbag move as a stepping stone to greater glory. I'm no Deeds fan but Virginia could survive him as governor. You can't be too much of a liberal raving loon and make it in politics in the neck of woods that Deeds and I share.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Yep, Virginia can survive Deeds if he's elected.

McAuliffe would have been an absolute nightmare of Orwellian proportions.

Unfortunately, the screaming liberal loon plays very well here in Washington DC west.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
Is he the yoohoo being backed by the NYC mayor?
Don't know about that, but he was head of the DNC before Dean, IIRC.  He was a major player in the Clinton power base.

So, assuming they've had their primary at least, who has the nomination for the Stupid Party?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Creigh Deeds.

It looks like he whomped McAuliffe pretty handily.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
OK, I'm a bit shocked. I expected McAuliffe to make a VERY good showing in Fairfax County.

He came in third of three, 28% behind Deeds.

Dannyboy

• friend
I was fully expecting Clinton's boy to win.  Then again, being relatively new to the area, I don't know a whole lot about Deeds.  I'm glad I was wrong.  Hopefully, McAuliffe will fade away now.  I really didn't like him.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
I don't like him at all however, I wouldn't mind him investing some money for me, the way he reportedly parleyed $100 into 2.5 million.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G