Author Topic: How many on APS have been banned on THR or TFL?  (Read 18881 times)

telewinz

• friend
How many on APS have been banned on THR or TFL?
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 12:34:59 AM »
OK, now for something more suitable, whats the better cartridge? The 9mm luger or the .45 ACP?
Career Corrections

brimic

• friends
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 12:37:04 AM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 01:42:22 AM »
I even remember one time a moderator reversed themself and actually    REOPENED a thread of mine that had been closed. I PM'd upon the closing but only to say, "Gee, I thought the policy was this." And the mod wrote back, said , "Oops, my bad." and reopened my thread. I'll bet your little episode with the pic and lawdog were merely the straw breaking the camel's back. So to speak...

Oops, didn't see Oleg's post on page 3...

Now the camel's back REALLY IS broken! shocked
Avoid cliches like the plague!

280plus

• friend
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2005, 02:49:55 AM »
Quote from: telewinz
OK, now for something more suitable, whats the better cartridge? The 9mm luger or the .45 ACP?
Actually, me and juggler shot ~ 20 " of wet phone books with both rounds. Hollowpoints I'm pretty sure. All rounds passed completely through the phone books. Quite a surprise. Raises shoot through questions galore. Meanwhile my .32 H&R mag snubby shot through to ~ 17-18" and stopped using the Georgia Arms .85 gr . FYI the 85 gr opened up and both stopped. The 100 gr GA round turned into a barrel shape, did not expand and only one was found in the books. I assume the other passed through. I Hope to be posting this info over at thr soon but I'm waiting to see if I can get pictures up again. So this is just a little preview for you buried in amongst the other stuff. Wink

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »
All we need now is some cheese, there is plenty of whine...
I like a good small hole swiss warmed to room temp.
Cool
Brian
<><
:)

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 04:49:07 AM »
Actually, Im sorry to see Masterpiece go.  He was articulate, a deep thinker, and usually well-versed in his subject matter.  (Other than this thread.  Smiley  )

I didnt enjoy reading him because he seemed to open every thread he started with insults to the majority of the members here.  Its like he was bringing us into the middle of an argument he had been having for half an hour.  He wouldnt just say he thought a line of thought was incorrect, he would say the line of thought was incorrect and everybody who agreed with that line had to be a total idiot; all this in the first post before anyone could even discuss his points.

Still, I consider him an asset to the RKBA cause.  I just wish he would channel his intensity differently.

If it comes up for reconsideration, my preference would be to remove his ban.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2005, 05:17:02 AM »
Yea, I didn't really have a problem with him, but who knows what he said to lawdog...

Chris

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 05:26:53 AM »
You know, I'm partial to the 9mm, because it's becoming almost as cheap to shoot as .22.

The real reason I've stuck around on THR and APS is that the Mods do a great job of keeping things above board, polite, and generaly on topic. Dirty words lost their thrill for me back in junior high.

SpookyPistolero

• friend
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 07:08:22 AM »
Yeah, THR is really the only forum I take part in to any real degree. The main reason is I value a strive for tact and basic principles of non-aggression. There's just no room or need for blatant negativity and battle. Too many people think that starting a brazen argument is performing a civic duty.
"She could not have reached this white serenity except as the sum of all the colors, of all the violence she had known." - The Fountainhead
"Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world"  - Irish Proverb

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 07:24:55 AM »
Quote from: SpookyPistolero
Yeah, THR is really the only forum I take part in to any real degree. The main reason is I value a strive for tact and basic principles of non-aggression. There's just no room or need for blatant negativity and battle. Too many people think that starting a brazen argument is performing a civic duty.
If you look at all the forums I visit on a regular basis (TFL, THR, APS, CombatCarry), you'll see a common theme and it's the one you describe.  

I stopped going to a lot of gun and knife forums because there was no desire for tact and understanding.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 08:40:40 AM »
"He was articulate, a deep thinker, and usually well-versed in his subject matter."

Uhm....

OK...

Didn't anyone ever take note of this in his profile?

militia.jufreeservers.com

Jufree...

Gee, I wonder what that means?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 09:07:20 AM »
militia.jufreeservers.com

Jufree...

Gee, I wonder what that means?
Just checked it out.  JuFreeServers.com appears to be a Juno (that old, pseudo-free email service) free web hosting site.

Although, now that you mention it, "Ju No" might mean something else ... Wink

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 09:37:01 AM »
I know what he said to LawDog. Wasn't polite or reasonable.

CombatCarry has at least one ex-THR moderator. Interesting and useful forum.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005, 10:04:35 AM »
MA is gone?  Shoot, and I still have some pop-corn left. Cheesy

I guess some people are just not happy until they've alienated EVERYBODY around them.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 10:10:55 AM »
Oleg:  +1,000
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 10:27:17 AM »
I really don't see how posting a fat, naked man pic on a gun forum could get you banned rolleyes

My friends in real life will tell you that I am not the most civil person.  If I can make it almost two years on both sites without being so much as warned, I would suspect that most people can avoid being banned.  We all screw up at some point, that is what the warnings are for.  It is what we choose to do after the warnings, that determines how welcom we remain.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

280plus

• friend
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 11:00:24 AM »
I know what he said to LawDog. Wasn't polite or reasonable.
Oleg, I just want to make sure you know "who knows what he said" is a rhetorical figure of speech kind of thing.  I wasn't actually asking anyone if they knew what he said. I got the impression you misinterpreted my meaning.

It's kind of like, "God only knows what he said."

In this case God, Oleg and Lawdog...

Cheesy

Jef, I think what cama AFTER the fat naked guy pic is what got him banned.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »
.45ACP.  9mm is for wussies.

I was reading this yesterday, and the several hours of posts from other members well after SA stopped posting clued me in.  I was wondering how long it would be before somebody figured out he had been banned.  Aside from the naked fat guy picture *shudder*, this was a really funny thread.  I would say more, but it just started snowing outside, so I'm outta here.

USP45usp

• friend
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2005, 11:43:40 AM »
Well, I guess he was just banned on THR because he's over at TFL.  It's only a matter of time before he's banned from there... anyone want to start a pool Cheesy.

Wayne

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2005, 11:50:03 AM »
1911 sux. Glock r00lz.

But I still wanna see the Mythbusters blow up a refinery with a .50 BMG. Cheesy

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2005, 11:52:37 AM »
I just got home from my weekly 3 day round trip to Chicago...lots of catch-up reading to do.

Thank God and Greyhound........

At least he provided a bad example of how to win friends and influence people.

As I was reading through the thread I was cataloging the comments of others and composing a response of my own that hopefully wouldn't get me warned/banned.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2005, 12:31:28 PM »
$1 says he is gone from TFL  before 1800 hrs (CST) this date.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2005, 02:49:24 PM »
I went to TFL to read his posts.

He does seem like a rather argumentative chap, no?
One day at a time.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
By the way-

Mike, I ran "militia.jufreeservers.com" in yahoo, and it's not what you and I and probably a few other thought it was.  It, at a rather quick glace, seems to be a very anti govenment site about being prepared to overthow the US government.

The name MAY have a double meaning, but I saw nothing, shall we say "non-kosher", on the site.

M
One day at a time.

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2005, 06:21:32 PM »
For the record there is nothing antisemitic about the domain jufreeservers.com, its run by an ISP company by the name of Juno, which is a real hosting company that has no stated political goals.

If its the same company that I think it is then they are an ISP that is predates the internet itself. They used to run BBS sites back in the days that one would "log on" by making a local call directly to the server machine, usually using an Apple II or a Commodore 64.