Author Topic: The absurdities of the media's Obama slobberfest  (Read 11486 times)

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
Re: The absurdities of the media's Obama slobberfest
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:08 AM »
What happened to the journalist who would take it as a badge of honor if a President or politician complained about them? 

They, like Evan Thomas, have been assimilated.  =(
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »
"I suggest Snickers,..."

Ahhhhh, Snickers...mmmmmmmsnickersssssssmypreciousssssssss....must. contrlo. sef. mus.contrfl.se.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
When do they start painting murals of Obama on the sides of buildings or start putting up billboards with 'Papa' Obamas smiling face on it so that we can see him wherever we go? We can't be far from that point right now.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »
Tyrannies look different now.  These are subtle times in the West.   The new dictators have flacks with seven-figure incomes to husband their image.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
When do they start painting murals of Obama on the sides of buildings or start putting up billboards with 'Papa' Obamas smiling face on it so that we can see him wherever we go? We can't be far from that point right now.

They already are, see this post from dogmush way back in December, copied from the thread     
They're doing more worship posters, for the inauguration this time.  I'm not sure if there is anything newer than these out there, but...

taurusowner

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
If I saw any of those on a wall in my neighborhood, especially that last one, I would take some cardboard and make some stencils to say
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

In nice, neat, large letters.  Then paint them right over the face of Big Brother.

Yes, I really would do that.  Yes, I know it would be considered "tagging" by the authorities.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
f I saw any of those on a wall in my neighborhood, especially that last one, I would take some cardboard and make some stencils to say
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

In nice, neat, large letters.  Then paint them right over the face of Big Brother.

Yes, I really would do that.  Yes, I know it would be considered "tagging" by the authorities.

I was just thinking that there would be a lot of irony in local gangs tagging those monuments.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
For a long time I've thought it would be a good tactic to have murals of Obama everywhere. The best would have his chin high up in the air (looking down his nose on the rest of us), and done really Soviet style.

His poll numbers are going to decline, and the constant presence of his face will cause more people to hate him.

Back to the slobberfest: today's Milwaukee Journal had an article about the tobacco bill, but it wasn't about the bill. It was another fluff piece, this time about Obama's struggles with smoking. There was a small sidebar with a brief summary of the highlights of the bill.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 05:49:32 PM »
A while back Dick Morris predicted Obama would decline in the polls and it would happen quickly.  He then said given time Obama's policies would become radioactive.  Interesting how he separates personal appeal from policy appeal.

In any case I wonder if yesterday's press conference was the start of the turning.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »
Maybe we'd all better not be too smug about what's going down in Iran...
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 01:01:31 AM »
Well, today saw yet another story in the Journal Sentinel about Obama's smoking. Don't worry, though, he's trying really hard to quit. He also promised Michelle that he'd quit after the campaign ended. That means that either his campaign is continuing (which it always seems to be), or that he lied to his wife, too. I'm aghast.

An article on Obama's comments on the protests in Iran contained a paragraph I thought was telling. In it, the newspaper remarked about the "strained relationship" between the Bush Administration and Tehran.

Strained relationship under Bush? Are these reporters 10 years old, too young to remember the hostages seized in 1979? Or is it their contention that the hostage crisis was Bush's fault as well?

restorer

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »
Speaking of slobbering love affair, did anyone else bother watching the ABC informercial last night? BHO was at his obfuscatin' best but Charlie Gibson was brilliant indeed. He deserves a "Best Supporting Actor" award for his role as a carny shill in Barak Obama's  "Let's Hide The Weinie!" show.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 02:49:07 AM »
I'm expecting to see a headline any day now that reads, "Obama Farts".
...sub-headline: "and it doesn't stink"

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 04:44:41 AM »
Speaking of slobbering love affair, did anyone else bother watching the ABC informercial last night?

Nope.  And apparently nobody else did, either; it had lower ratings than a CSI: New York re-run.   :laugh:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 10:51:52 AM »
Well, today saw yet another story in the Journal Sentinel about Obama's smoking. Don't worry, though, he's trying really hard to quit. He also promised Michelle that he'd quit after the campaign ended. That means that either his campaign is continuing (which it always seems to be), or that he lied to his wife, too. I'm aghast.

Maybe he didn't lie, but he failed.  :O
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »
Maybe he didn't lie, but he failed.  :O
the obama fail, imposable the one cannot fail. :angel:

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 07:25:55 AM »
I apologize for the necropost. I couldn't help but think of this thread when I read this:

http://carrollspaper.1upsoftware.com/print.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=8449

Carroll woman's answer to highly visible Obama: Selling her televisions

By DOUGLAS BURNS
Staff Writer

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A 78-year-old Carroll woman says she's so tired of seeing President Barack Obama on the airwaves that she's selling her television sets - two of them.

Deloris Nissen, a retired nurses' aide and former Kmart employee who was raised on a farm near Audubon, placed a classified advertisement with The Daily Times Herald for Friday's paper.

In the $5.50 ad, Nissen tells readers she has two television sets for sale.

The reason: "Obama on every channel and station."

In an interview Nissen said she is serious about selling two TVs - and genuine about her disgust with what she believes to be an overexposed president.

"I just got tired of watching him on every channel," Nissen said. "I thought, my gosh, does he ever stay at the White House?"

Nissen, who voted for U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., in the 2008 presidential election, said she could live with seeing Obama come on television to make serious announcements. But he seems to be on all the time, Nissen said.

When the president does appear on a channel she happens to be watching, Nissen said, she quickly turns.

"I have the remote real handy," Nissen said. "I have the batteries. I'm ready for him."

Nissen's annoyance with the president as a frequent presence on her television doesn't mean she'll abandon the medium altogether.

She's keeping a bigger flat-screen television and selling an older 20-inch Sony and possibly a 13-inch set.

"It's too heavy," Nissen said of the 20-inch TV. "I can't handle it anymore."

That said, she doesn't plan on selling it for less than $100 - even if Obama was just on Tuesday pitching his health-care-reform plans.

Obama's own advisers and political observers across the ideological spectrum have for months debated whether the now popular president is overexposed.

For her part, Nissen said she expects to take some flack for the advertisement in her local paper. After all, Obama did win Iowa and Carroll County in the 2008 election.

But she's not worried about any criticism.

"I'm an old lady, and I don't care," Nissen said.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
She's keeping a bigger flat-screen television and selling an older 20-inch Sony and possibly a 13-inch set.

She found a hilarious gimmick for advertising her old TV sets for sale.  Good for her.   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
She can sell the tv's, but she can't sell the signal bouncing around, unsolicited, inside her head...

The Glorious Visage of Obama is the stained glass window of the new medievalism.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:45 PM »
Can't stop the signal.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
For a long time I've thought it would be a good tactic to have murals of Obama everywhere. The best would have his chin high up in the air (looking down his nose on the rest of us), and done really Soviet style.
I recall reading that a public shool put up pictures of BHO in all the halls and classrooms . . . they did not have pictures of Bush during his term.

No politics in government schools, folks . . . move along, move along, nothing to see here . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »
The Obamas of history grow less popular, but they do not step down or even lose elections. they just keep tightening their grip.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2009, 01:00:19 AM »
Well not too long ago one of the talking heads in the state-run media did outright call BHO a God.  So this kind of fluff is not surprising.

???????

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought