Author Topic: Cheetos as an Impact Weapon  (Read 4569 times)

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
Cheetos as an Impact Weapon
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
http://www.t-g.com/story/1549895.html
A local couple arrested on domestic assault charges Sunday had an unusual choice of alleged weaponry -- Cheetos.

Warrants filed by Cpl. Kevin Roddy, of the Bedford County Sheriff's Department, stated he responded to a call at a home on Pass Road, where 40-year-old James Earl Taylor and Mary S. Childers, 44, were allegedly involved in an argument.

According to Roddy's report, the pair became "involved in a verbal altercation" with each other "at which time Cheetos potato chips were used in the assault."

"There was evidence of the assault," the report read, "however no physical marks on either party and the primary aggressor was unable to be determined."

Both Taylor and Childers were charged by Roddy with domestic assault. Both posted a bond of $2,500 and will appear in Bedford County General Sessions Court on July 15.

Self says: What is the proper weaponized application of a bag of cheetos? Used as a stabbing instrument or swung? Or do they serve a purpose like unto the tactical flashlight, to dazzle and blind the would-be attacker with their orangeness? Discuss.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Cheetos as an Impact Weapon
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
Cheetos make a "potato chip" now, or is this yet more journalistic accuracy at work?

Also, can you charge both people with assault like that?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Iain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 04:05:02 PM »
Well I suppose pinning someone down and stuffing their mouth with a packet of them could be pretty unpleasant. It'd be worse if they were out of the packet.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Interesting... if a Cheetos incident is alleged assault, then would that make a pie in the face an attempted homicide by drowning?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »
Especially if it was the flaming hot kind.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 04:06:06 PM »
If used in a stabbing manner, I suspect it would be about as useful as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY

As an impact weapon, possibly a little more effective.

Flaming Hot Cheetos might sting if they hit you in the eyes, though.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 04:56:14 PM »
"There was evidence of the assault," the report read, "however no physical marks on either party and the primary aggressor was unable to be determined."

Maybe they were whacking each other with the bag and it split open, spilling the contents.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »
was this a concealed bag of Cheetos with a pistol grip and flash hider? i wonder if it comes with picatinny rails...

we must ban assault cheetos.

TMM

crt360

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »
Shoving a couple of those flaming hot Cheetos up your opponent's nose could be an effective assault.
For entertainment purposes only.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »
You've all got it all wrong.  Throw a small bag down onto the ground, and use the large, orange cloud to cover your escape.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:06 PM »
I'm tired of orange, I want tactical cheetos.  
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
A local couple arrested on domestic assault charges Sunday had an unusual choice of alleged weaponry -- Cheetos.

Must . . . resist . . . joke . . . =D

Best method of weaponizing Cheetoes is to eat them and them talk to the threat.  The threat will be disgusted by your gluttonous white trash behavior and leave.*

*Warning:  this only works north of the Ohio River.  If this technique is used south of the Ohio River, the threat will crack open a beer, asked for the Cheetoe bag and inquire if a NASCAR race in on television.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:05:01 PM »
Hot cheetos could be ground into a fine powder and used as an incapacitating agent, preferably in a JPX-style weapon (http://www.botachtactical.com/liactjpxjetp.html)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »
Also, can you charge both people with assault like that?

That's S.O.P. now. Just like schools that suspend a kid for defending himself, for the same period as the attacker. Defending yourself against a vicious attack is now "fighting" and is subject to the zero tolerance idiocy.

Many jurisdictions apply the same (il)logic to domestic violence. The cops can't sort out who hit who first so they just charge everyone within sight with "domestic violence" and haul 'em all to the lock-up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
Yup, got hauled in for defending myself against a wacked out vicious woman. Even though I wanted noting to do with her after that we had to see a "family counselor" together in order to satisfy the court and get the charges dismissed. The family counselor guy says to me one day. "You don't seem very repentant for your actions." and I said, "Well, considering as far as I'm concerned I was defending my life I don't see why I should feel repentant." Yea, he shut up.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:24:55 PM »
"There was evidence of the assault," the report read...

Wonder if there was "evidence"  of self-stimulation, too.... ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 11:41:56 PM »
That's S.O.P. now. Just like schools that suspend a kid for defending himself, for the same period as the attacker. Defending yourself against a vicious attack is now "fighting" and is subject to the zero tolerance idiocy.

Hell, in my school district, you'd be suspended for just being the victim, even if you didn't fight back. I got suspended for getting off the ground after being knocked down...

As for the original thread subject...hey, when you are naked, sitting on a beanbag chair, and eating Cheetos...you gotta run what ya got. 
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 01:54:31 AM »
In a similar story, England's Parliament will require that all Doritos imported into the country have the points rounded to prevent their possible use as "assault munchies".
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 02:16:24 AM »
I have to call this one a false report.  Cheetos could not have been used.

That's impossible.  Anyone that ever ate Cheetos knows the powdered cheese gets all over everything.  Anyone being hit with Cheetos would be covered in orange so there'd have to be physical marks.  :laugh:

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »

Hell, in my school district, you'd be suspended for just being the victim, even if you didn't fight back. I got suspended for getting off the ground after being knocked down...

Except for the "getting off the ground" part, that's precisely what happened to an old friend of mine's son. He got sucker-punched in the face, went down, and was sitting on the ground holding his bleeding face when school authorities came on scene. He got the same punishment as the kid who bushwhacked him. His parents managed to prevent criminal charges against him by threat of a lawsuit.

"Appalled" doesn't even begin to describe my reaction to this state of affairs.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Creeping Incrementalism

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »

Except for the "getting off the ground" part, that's precisely what happened to an old friend of mine's son. He got sucker-punched in the face, went down, and was sitting on the ground holding his bleeding face when school authorities came on scene. He got the same punishment as the kid who bushwhacked him. His parents managed to prevent criminal charges against him by threat of a lawsuit.

"Appalled" doesn't even begin to describe my reaction to this state of affairs.

Would you be willing to say what school district & state this was in?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
My friends brother got suspended for defending himself back in Middle School. Also there was 2 people back in high school who got suspended for fighting... OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS! They weren't in school. There was almost a walk out.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 11:30:40 PM »
Would you be willing to say what school district & state this was in?

Cobb County, Georgia.

It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 08:32:09 AM »
What a coincidence, I'm just about to call Georgia Arms!  :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!