Author Topic: What is this blithering blissninny's point??  (Read 956 times)

Paddy

What is this blithering blissninny's point??
« on: December 08, 2005, 12:13:43 PM »
http://msnbc.com/modules/take3/nov/default.htm
This lisping leftist, Kornbluth, is exactly the same age as me, we lived through the same times, yet we couldn't be more different.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 05:38:54 PM »
Hmmmmm.  He started out as a rebel, advised us that we "took sides", needed to take sides (division), talks as if real life was a movie (is it?) and in the end became exactly everything we were before the (his) "rebellion".  He talks fondly about freedom, individualism, personal accountability, yet he represents the antithesis of that.  Take away guns, political correctness, big government ad nauseum.

This guy is a total contradiction and he doesn't even see it.  He's come full circle, which means that maybe he was all wrong and wasted the last 40 years.  I think he did actually, because he still doesn't get it.  He's still living in a psychedelic flashback.

We didn't actually waste those years.  Many good things came out of those times if you think about it.  But maybe they would have happened anyway.  I lived through all that too.  I never looked like many of the 60's wierdos.  There weren't that many of them, actually.  I'm 4 years older than that guy and I embrace many of the evolutions that occured during the last 40 years.  A lot of the changes that have occured, happened because world wide communiction took a quantum leap forward at the same time and we were able to know what was going on anywhere at a moments notice.  That's what really changed things; instant info.  Hell the fax machine brought down the Soviet Empire; they started to get information and wanted more.  Providence provided a few men at the same time that were able to recognize what was occuring or decided to not resist the tide.

A lot of the nonsense that Kornbluth puts on a pedestal is justs that, nonsense, and it came at a horrid price in many ways.

Just my 2 cents.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 03:49:42 AM »
Self absorbed blather.  An aging 60's kinda guy looking over the past and remembering the good ol' days.  He's remembering the days when he felt significant and what he did appeared to be meaningful.  I grew up at the same time he did, in a different part of the world.  I don't see it as the good ol' days.  I see it as a time when western civilization came within a whisker of spinning apart.  Vietnam was a sideshow on the Midway of societal implosion.  Good things were happening in the world of civil rights but I don't think we realize how easy it would have been for the US to erupt in race riots far beyond what happened.  We came very close to real ugliness.  We were fixated on the US but all of europe was in turmoil.  To those who are self-absorbed the US is all that matters.  I was watching western civilization stagger from the societal upheaval; some of which was internally generated and some of which was caused by outside forces.

I just wish some of these aging 60's burnouts would spend time on a documentary on what was happening worldwide while we were doing Vietnam, Kent State, Orangeburg State, Chicago police riots, SC riots, Watts, Detroit, ad nauseum.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:51:02 AM »
grampster and Waitone articulated my thoughts very well.  This guy is stuck in the 60's.  It's amazing the drivel that passes for 'journalism'.