Author Topic: Looks like Gov. Palin is resigning... speculate below  (Read 56526 times)

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Looks like Gov. Palin is resigning... speculate below
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »
Would I get banned if I suggested you removed the word "over" in your emboldened text?  It is perhaps more accurate in this instance.

=D

Maybe they're both accurate?
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
Maybe they're both accurate?

Well...at least we know Levi's singular talent....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2009, 11:45:02 AM »
There are politicians out there who could...do a great job of restoring liberty and freedom to our country.  Ron Paul for one.

Again, if he is one of those people, it's about time he got started.  In a republic, it's not enough to have the right ideas (if Paul has them.)  You can't just dictate policy.  You have to convince enough people to elect you, and you have to get Congress behind you.  When Ron Paul figures out how to do that, he'll be restoring liberty and freedom. 

Or, he could put his efforts into building a movement (not necessarily a formal political party) that will do that.  Yeah, I know; Campaign for Liberty - time will tell. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife