Author Topic: Truth in advertising: fireworks...  (Read 1007 times)

PTK

• friends
Truth in advertising: fireworks...
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:42:44 PM »

Well, at least there's one honest company out there.  =D
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
Re: Truth in advertising: fireworks...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »
I'm probably breaking UK Law just looking at that monstrosity.
 :O
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »
ROFL!

I'm sending that to Mrs. Dual, and a couple of co-workers now.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 02:50:15 PM »
A good friend of mine lives in an unincorporated area where fireworks are legal. His neighbor has an "In" with a fireworks dealer and gets his stuff at cost. Every year they do absolutely massive displays; almost as large as "pro" shows, but directly overhead so more impressive. Always a good time, and never any issues. Until this year.

Another guy on the cul de sac wanted in on the fun, and bought a ton of stuff on his own. No problems, except he had a bunch of his retarded gang banger relatives out who were setting stuff off. They put one in the launch tube upside down, it "launched" into the ground, and one of the big ole flaming chunks smacked my wife in the face.  :mad: About a 1/2 in below her eye too. She's fine, but we had to leave. If I went over there I don't think I could've controlled myself, and getting sent to prison would not have helped my wife in any way. Irresponsible bastards.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »
The other night, some one had mortar shells with m-80 grade bangs aboard.

quite impressive

Due to property damages and bodily harm caused by M-80s, Class C fireworks—now known as Consumer Fireworks (class 1.4G), as opposed to Display Fireworks (which were Class B, and are now 1.3G)[4]— civilians are no longer allowed to carry more than 50 milligrams of pyrotechnic flash powder. In 1966, M-80s and cherry bombs were banned by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the Child Protection Act of 1966. Furthermore, they were then made illegal by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) in the 1970s. In 1975, U.S. federal regulations were passed to limit all consumer-grade fireworks in the United States to a maximum of 50 milligrams flash powder, down from a previous maximum of 200 milligrams (though firecrackers mounted onto a rocket stick, or other aerial firework devices, such as Rockets, Roman Candles, and Cakes, may have up to 160 mg).

I wonder how many grams of 4F we used to fit in empty co2 cartridges?
 =D :O =D :O =D :O =D :O
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 07:11:48 PM »
Best name for a firework ever,  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic