Author Topic: Hello.....newbie here  (Read 37148 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Hello.....newbie here
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »
oh good grief, what did i do to deserve this?  :O

and no, fistful, NOBODY wants to here about your thing.  ;/

I assume Ms. Bluestar has no compunction against shooting stalkers.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »
I assume Ms. Bluestar has no compunction against shooting stalkers.

i don't know, i might try that ozo (sp?) thing.  =D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »
awesome, 'nother dog lady (lady smith is the cat and donkey lady round here. i work at a boarding kennel/grooming joint here in VA. in fact i just got off work so i smell like dog.  :laugh:

too bad your in NY, or i could have you whipped into shape in no time. plus you'd leave me with an undying love of 1911's and combat tupperwear.  =D

Cool, you work with dogs?!  We can swap dog stories, lol.  My boarding place isn't a kennel, though.  We run the dogs all day kinda like doggie day care.  They're actually like children anyway - who stole who's bone, which one is bothering that one, another one ran away with that one's toy, etc.,  :laugh:

And don't worry, not into any men's "things" as of late.  Just unloaded my ex b/f and kinda sworn off men for the moment, lol.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
Cool, you work with dogs?!  We can swap dog stories, lol.  My boarding place isn't a kennel, though.  We run the dogs all day kinda like doggie day care.  They're actually like children anyway - who stole who's bone, which one is bothering that one, another one ran away with that one's toy, etc.,  :laugh:

:lol: sounds like our grooming room. our day care crowd is pretty silly. i've been working at Creatures Great and Small for about 4 years now. i love it. well exsept the horrid pay and hours ( i now refer to thanksgiving and christmas as the hellidays) but hey, i get to play with dogs all day. my bosses also breed and show anatolian sheperds, so i've learned a lot about breeding and showing to.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
I actually prefer working with dogs than humans.  I used to work in Manhattan at both NBC and Paramount Pictures, but gave that all up to start my own business and work with animals.  I've never looked back.  I wanted to get into grooming but don't know if I have the talent for it.  You basically have to be an artist!  Are you a groomer?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »
I actually prefer working with dogs than humans.

Well, now we know you'll fit in here. Most of us prefer dogs to humans.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
no clippers and sissors for me. i bath, dry and do nails. i tend to spend most my time in the back doing the walking and feeding and meds and cleaning. although, the reason i smelled so doggy today was because i was bathing all day. lets see, 3 bichions, St. poo, a really cute old mutt and crap, i did someone else too. and that was just my tub!  
although, we are getting some new help and my boss mentioned getting me and my current coworker doing some prep work.

i can do feet, but so far i stick to my own dogs. my boss lousie is the real talent in the grooming room. she can do pretty much any breed cut and can hand strip. before she went gonzo over the anatolians, she was a terrior lady.

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 10:09:36 PM »
Well what you do is really hard work too.  It's not easy bathing dogs and doing prep work, and yes, people who work with dogs do get that doggy smell, lol.  I work with horses as well and the same thing happens!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 10:25:50 PM »
My 20 year old daughter is a dog groomer at Petsmart. She loves it!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2009, 06:14:15 AM »
Hello and welcome, Chrissy.  =)
I'm the resident shoe-slinger around these parts.  :cool:
I love animals (I have a dog in my menagerie), love guns and loathe stalkers (BTDT).
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »
Hi LadySmith!  I like your username!   =D  I will try to mind my manners so as not to get the shoe, lol.  Always glad to meet other animal lovers. 

I've heard most dog groomers say they like it, but I also belong to a few animal forums where the groomers complain, so I'm undecided about whether or not I want to branch off into that field as well.  Right now I don't have the time to do ANYTHING new.   =|

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2009, 03:41:19 PM »
Hi LadySmith!  I like your username!   =D  I will try to mind my manners so as not to get the shoe, lol.  Always glad to meet other animal lovers. 

I've heard most dog groomers say they like it, but I also belong to a few animal forums where the groomers complain, so I'm undecided about whether or not I want to branch off into that field as well.  Right now I don't have the time to do ANYTHING new.   =|

it can be a love hate relationship. its all fine and dandy till you get nailed by an unhappy camper. i've got some stories that could curl your hair.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:58 PM »
Well, now we know you'll fit in here. Most of us prefer dogs to humans

But what are her feelings as to badgers?

Badger Police=> :police:
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »
  Right now I don't have the time to do ANYTHING new.   =|

When crazy ex boyfriend kicks in the door with a knife in his hand...you'll realize you probably had enough time....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »
Time for all us male-types to tippy toe out!
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
I was under the impression that long arms aren't subject to licensing or registration in NY State, except for NYC?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

Thank you, Chrissy, and the feeling's entirely mutual.  =)

But please, please, get something to defend yourself with ASAP, even if it's as simple and basic as a shotgun until you have time to shop for a more personalized handgun.

Stalkers have a way of popping up when you least expect it, and I don't want you to get caught off guard, my new friend.  =(
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2009, 08:30:54 PM »
i second the motion for a shotty (yes, fisty, that was for you. just for you :-P )

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2009, 08:47:47 PM »
Fine.  Just for that, I'm stalking you.   :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »
Fine.  Just for that, I'm stalking you.   :mad:

You cannot stalk BlueStarLizard.  She has critters.

And with Twitter still down, how would she know in time to be frightened?  (You have seen how much the price of gas has gone up from the beginning of the week to today. right?  =D)

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2009, 08:57:49 PM »
don't get mad at me

its all your fault anyway.  =D

(and for once, literally  :lol: )

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2009, 09:06:08 PM »
Twitter?  Oh come on.  Can't I just stalk her the old-fashioned way?  I don't do that social netdorking stuff. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »
You cannot stalk BlueStarLizard.  She has critters.

Besides, that's my job!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »
*picks up work boots, test weight, judges windspeed, determines correct trajectory*

final lanch in 3...2...1.

LANCH!!!!

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
I hear all of you telling me to defend myself since I have a stalker AND an ex-boyfriend now.  I am pretty well protected here, though - have a male roomate and a Pit Bull Terrier as a pet as well as many other dogs that are boarded which I spend most of my time with.  The place is very well protected and locked up so I think I'll be okay for a few weeks until my work slows down. 

As far as the laws in NYState, I'm not sure exactly what they are and have to find out more about them.  We are allowed to hunt here, but not sure what the carry laws are.