Author Topic: Obama: I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking  (Read 1487 times)

Reifen

"I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess."

If it weren't for all of the other stuff he's said and done I could dismiss it as "just talk." but...yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifjRVLVjzA

Regolith

• friend
Personally, I'd love Pelosi, Reid, et al. to shut up and get out of the way, but I don't think that's what he's talking about.  ;/
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

longeyes

• friend
For all his vaunted eloquence he's actually a pretty good quote machine for the other side.  He's been doing a great job lately of consolidating the opposition with his shoot-from-the-hip "macho" posturings.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
The President of the United States of American just attempted to intimidate his political opponents.

Chicago on a national scale.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Waitone

• friend
Keep it up President Obama. 

You're doing a fine job of alienating Joe and Martha Sixpack.  At some point your own party will shut you down, all in the name of saving their own political hides.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
At some point your own party will shut you down, all in the name of saving their own political hides.

You sir apparently have much more faith in the wisdom of political parties than do I.

Me, I fully expect the DNC leadership to follow Obama into the pyre of his own ghat.

If only the GOP leadership would follow suit; and the Republic be free of both infestations.

"I want them to get out of the way so we YOU can clean up the mess."

Corrected for accuracy.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Waitone

• friend
I have no faith in political parties.  I do have an abiding faith in survival instincts of political cockroaches who can sense political storms long before they are evident to party stooges.  Personal power and privilege will always win out over abstract loyalty.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:05:02 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Sindawe, you forget that it's the Republicans that are the Stupid Party. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife