Author Topic: Live on FNC  (Read 15973 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Live on FNC
« on: August 11, 2009, 09:55:09 AM »
Arlen Specter's Town hall meeting.  He is getting crushed by his constituents.   :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Live on FNC
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »
Arlen Specter's Town hall meeting.  He is getting crushed by his constituents.   :laugh:

SHOCKING!  :O

I surely hope the good people of Pennsylvania vote for change next year.  :laugh:

If only they'd have thrown him out 5 years ago.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:07:08 AM »
Couldn't have happened to a Benedict Arnold better candidate.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
And I quote "nobody's paying me to be here, I'm not part of that Astroturf group."
 :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:18:36 AM »
The Collaborator par excellence.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »
Specter is writing alot of checks with his mouth that I bet his butt doesn't cash.....
JD

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
He's probably looking for a new party already.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 11:52:56 AM »
Where's the townhall being held?

If he's somewhere in the T zone, he's playing with fire already. In fact, I'd be very surprised if he were brave enough to set foot in a lot of the T zone given how angry some are about his becoming a Democrat.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

trapperready

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
[maitre'd]
Specter. Party of one.
I'm sorry, sir, but it appears the seat you wanted is going to be given to someone else.
Help yourself to a complementary breath mint on the way out.
[/maitre'd]

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
First one was in Lebanon County, PA.
Not sure where the second one is.
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »
"First one was in Lebanon County, PA."

I'll be.

He DOES have the balls to hit the heart of the T zone.

Lebanon County went 58.59% McCain and 39.8% Obama.

Not exactly friendly territory.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:28:40 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
Caught almost the entire thing this morning. All I can say is...

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Jiminy Christmas did he ever get his butt handed to him, endlessly, and on live TV no less!

Brad
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:56:09 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 03:13:43 PM »
From the local birdcage liner, the Harrisburg Patriot News, which leans distinctly left...

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/08/arlen_specter_hammered_by_comm.html

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 03:22:12 PM »
2 moro he is on tour at PSU's innovation park in State College.

I did see my Tyranny Response Team Tshirt in my closet yesterday...

maybe I will make a spartan helmet out of astroturf tonight.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »
WOW!  :O

AP certainly has a MUCH more revealing take on Specter's town hall than the Patriot News (which as I said, leans quite left).

I didn't realize that Specter also had a hard time in a Philly town hall. Interesting.

"LEBANON, Pa. – Voter fears of a government takeover of health care and rampant costs were on stark display Tuesday at a longtime senator's noisy town hall, a session that underscored the challenge for President Barack Obama and Democrats in overhauling the nation's system.

Republican-turned-Democratic Sen. Arlen Specter faced hostile questions, taunts and jeers as he gamely tried to explain his positions. It was likely a moment of deja vu for the five-term lawmaker facing a tough re-election next year. Just a week ago, Specter encountered a tough crowd at a Philadelphia town hall.

At a crowded community college, Specter heard from speaker after speaker who accused him of trampling on their constitutional rights, adding to the federal deficit or allowing government bureaucrats to take over health care.

"You'll be gone, by God the bureaucrats will still be here," said one man.

"My children and grandchildren are going to pay for this," said another.

"One day God will stand before you and judge you!" shouted a third man before security guards approached and he left the room.

Specter said he wouldn't vote for a bill that adds to the deficit. He also said he wouldn't support a bill that extends coverage to illegal immigrants. None of the bills in Congress would provide health insurance to illegal immigrants.

Specter explained repeatedly that there is no single Senate bill yet for him to talk about since the Finance Committee hasn't finished writing one. That explanation was usually met by boos from the crowd. Many had read portions of a bill passed by three committees in the House and tried to get Specter to respond to that.

One woman tried to make it personal for Specter, alleging the Democrats' plan would not provide care to a man in his 70s with cancer, like Specter had.

"You're here because of the plan we have now," she said.

Specter showed some heat at that.

"Well you're just not right," he said. He called her claim a "vicious, malicious" rumor.

The passions of the crowd illustrated the problems for Democratic lawmakers around the country as they try to use the monthlong August recess to promote Obama's health care overhaul agenda. There's not a single plan to promote, which Specter later told reporters made his job harder, along with the complexity of the issue. The House bill is more than 1,000 pages long.

And, Specter said: "The objectors have gotten ahead of the curve." Asked why, he cited talk radio, among other factors.

Democrats are trying desperately to regain control of the debate, with the White House posting a new Web site designed to dispel what it called "the misinformation and baseless smears that are cropping up daily." House Democratic aides have set up a health care war room out of Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's office designed to help lawmakers answer questions about the legislation.

Though his popularity is slipping in polls, Obama himself is repeatedly trying to make the case to the public for passage of comprehensive legislation this year to bring down costs and extend coverage to many of the 50 million uninsured.

Specter said that in a long life in politics he hadn't seen anything like what he witnessed Tuesday and at a town hall last weekend that turned even uglier.

"There is more anger in America today than at any time I can remember," Specter said.

Many in the crowd said they came of their own accord, and several told Specter they objected to Democrats characterizing them as mobs or organized opposition shipped in by lobbyists or the Republican Party. National conservative groups are encouraging people to attend town halls, but liberal groups are doing the same — with less apparent success.

Several in the crowd wore T-shirts proclaiming: "Proud Member of the Mob."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
"There is more anger in America today than at any time I can remember," Specter said.

I think that's what's scaring many of these Democrat leaders.

I know I've never seen so many people up in arms over ANYTHING in this country. I remember people getting a little worked up in 1994, but nothing like this.

People know who is responsible for this. People know what the Democrats are trying to do. As much as they dissimulate, as much as they try to camoflage and cloak their intentions, it isn't working.

They scream things like "That's not in the bill!" but people can read and realize what the implications of a "Healthcare Effectiveness Panel" and "End of Life Consultations" are.

The Democrats think people are stupid. They're not, they allow many things to get by because the cost of paying attention and getting involved is more than the cost of whatever crap Washington is doing.

The Democrats have now made not paying attention and getting involved MUCH more costly. I think they've only just begun to reap the whirlwind of their audacity and arrogance.

Obama pushed too much, too hard, too fast. Americans don't want to be like Europe or Argentina.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
I keep hearing pundits, some of whom I often agree with (Krauthammer et al.), deploring the tenor of confrontation at town halls. What I haven't heard is a plausible strategy for dealing with your elected representatives when they stand before you, being asked polite, direct questions, and offer evasion, ignorance and condescension, as at the Philadelphia town with Specter and sebelius that seemed to get the reporting ball rolling, or the Dallas AARP meeting.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
He also said he wouldn't support a bill that extends coverage to illegal immigrants. None of the bills in Congress would provide health insurance to illegal immigrants.

I think this is the new soundbite.

All them rednecks and constitutionalists riled up in your district?  Well, then tell 'em that illegals aren't covered.  That'll make 'em happy. :rolleyes:

Who cares if 30 million illegals aren't covered, if taxes or liabilities are raised to cover 300 million people?  And freedom of choice in health care is eliminated?

It's the new way of deflecting the argument from "NO on healthcare" to "NO on healthcare for illegals."  Beware it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
The riots and general mayhem in the late 60's were the last time I remember this much anger, but that was mostly perpetrated by stupid hippies. This is coming from mature members of the usually silent middle class.

Around here the supporters of the proposed health care plan are recruited from unions and other pro-Democrat groups. They're having seminars on how to attend town hall meetings. They even get t-shirts.

I thought the opponents were the ones who were "astroturf".

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:07 PM »

I think that's what's scaring many of these Democrat leaders.

That....and the fact that many former-organizers like Obama are now having to face public outcry and anger from the other side of the "mob"....and they realize that our "mob" can stomp out their "mob" easily....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »
My next door neighbor is a lobbyist on health care issues.

He's also fairly liberal.

It's going to be interesting to talk to him about all this .

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
someone on Arfcom has figured out that the random kid asking questions at obamas meeting today is the daughter of a Dem activist
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=911911&page=1
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 10:45:50 PM »
someone on Arfcom has figured out that the random kid asking questions at obamas meeting today is the daughter of a Dem activist
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=911911&page=1

Wow, you mean the president WASN'T really confronting opposition!???

You mean, he got his supporters to give him softball questions?!

I'm so shocked.

Next thing you'll tell me is he reads all his speeches off a teleprompter like an anchorman or something and he's not the silver-tongued devil the press makes him out to be.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
OK. I just watched a Youtube clip of Spector's beat down. And I have one question.

Why in the hell, wasn't that jerk in the white shirt arrested for assault?

That made my blood boil seeing those cops talk to him and pat him on the shoulder. What the hell were they saying to him anyway. Good job?

:mad:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
OK. I just watched a Youtube clip of Spector's beat down. And I have one question.

Why in the hell, wasn't that jerk in the white shirt arrested for assault?

That made my blood boil seeing those cops talk to him and pat him on the shoulder. What the hell were they saying to him anyway. Good job?

:mad:

Ummm... assault:
18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2701
Simple assault.
        (a)  Offense defined.--A person is guilty of assault if he:
            (1)  attempts to cause or intentionally, knowingly or
        recklessly causes bodily injury to another;
            (2)  negligently causes bodily injury to another with a
        deadly weapon;
            (3)  attempts by physical menace to put another in fear
        of imminent serious bodily injury; or
            (4)  conceals or attempts to conceal a hypodermic needle
        on his person and intentionally or knowingly penetrates a law
        enforcement officer or an officer or an employee of a
        correctional institution, county jail or prison, detention
        facility or mental hospital during the course of an arrest or
        any search of the person.

So, where was the fear of imminent serious bodily injury?

Or did he have a hypodermic needle I couldn't see?