Author Topic: Live on FNC  (Read 15971 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Re: Live on FNC
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 11:10:34 PM »
Sorry, wrong legal term

Battery.

Or more specific

Simple battery.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:22:27 PM by p12 »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »
Too bad the awakening is coming more than a year too late.
I hope it continues.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
Sorry, wrong legal term

Battery.

Or more specific

Simple battery.

So, despite the fact PA doesn't have Battery as a charge, but rather Aggravated Assault, where's the battery?

Battery would require actually hitting someone. Assault is a LESSER charge.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 12:09:54 AM »
Granted this is from wiki

Specific rules regarding battery depend on the relevant jurisdiction, however some elements remain constant despite jurisdiction. Battery generally requires:

1. An offensive touching or contact is made upon the victim, instigated by the actor
   2. The actor intends or knows that his action will cause the offensive touching
         1. In some jurisdictions, for instance under the Model Penal Code, there is a battery when the actor acts recklessly
   3. The touching causes an injury, physical or otherwise

Battery is typically classified as either simple or aggravated. Although battery typically occurs in the context of physical altercations, battery also applies in other instances, such as medical cases where the doctor performs a non-consented to medical procedure.

Being shoved back into your chair forcefully I think would be "offensive touching".

I find it hard to believe that PA law doesn't recognize battery as a crime.

Spitting in some ones face, shoving = battery.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 01:32:33 AM »
They scream things like "That's not in the bill!" but people can read and realize what the implications of a "Healthcare Effectiveness Panel" and "End of Life Consultations" are.

It's typical of what they do in general. Same how they claim "Obama isn't going to take your guns", because Obama's platform doesn't actually have a BAN GUNS IMMEDIATELY plank.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 08:42:08 AM »
Granted this is from wiki

Being shoved back into your chair forcefully I think would be "offensive touching".

I find it hard to believe that PA law doesn't recognize battery as a crime.

Spitting in some ones face, shoving = battery.

I thought you were referring to the angry gentleman who left at the begining. I only saw what was available on foxnews.com so I cannot comment on someone getting shoved back into their chair. My apologies for misunderstanding.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »
This isn't a thread about assault and battery.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 08:59:35 AM »
And, Specter said: "The objectors have gotten ahead of the curve." Asked why, he cited talk radio, among other factors.

Interesting how Specter makes "ahead of the curve" seem like it's a bad thing.

"There is more anger in America today than at any time I can remember," Specter said.

Yet he appears somewhat oblivious to the fact that he's a part of what so many people are so angry about.

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »
My favorite this morning is the AP news story about how all the politicians think the angry crowds aren't indicative of what America wants.  Despite flagging poll support for "reform".  And, the story is accompanied with the picture of the Swastika on Congressman David Scott's office sign.
 :rolleyes:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090812/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_protests;_ylt=At6aeC7XknyGLDefwPM8z1GyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJvcHBqNDMwBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwODEyL3VzX2hlYWx0aF9jYXJlX3Byb3Rlc3RzBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3J5BHNsawNzcGVjdGVycHJvdGU-
  By MERRILL HARTSON, Associated Press Writer Merrill Hartson, Associated Press Writer   – 44 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Sen. Arlen Specter said Wednesday he thinks people who have been angrily disrupting town hall meetings on overhauling the health care system are "not necessarily representative of America," but should be heard.

"It's more than health care," said Specter, 79, who earlier this year left the Republican Party and became a Democrat. "I think there is a mood in America of anger with so many people unemployed, with so much bickering in Washington ... with the fear of losing their health care. It all boils over."
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:39 AM »
"It's more than health care," said Specter, 79, who earlier this year left the Republican Party and became a Democrat. "I think there is a mood in America of anger with so many people unemployed, with so much bickering in Washington ... with the fear of losing their health care. It all boils over."

Yep. There's all these people unemployed whose jobs the stimulus package was to create or save. There's so much bickering in DC with the Divine Uniter in office. And people wouldn't be afraid of losing their health care if they'd just shut up and let Specter and the other Dem's pass the health care demolition bill.

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
"I think they're vocal. I don't think they're representative." [Specter said]

Not representative?
Next he'll be claiming something else, such as the protesters are just bitter and clinging to guns and religion.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »
I can't believe that they Democrats seem hell bent on handing the Republicans sucn an effect club with which to beat them in next year's mid terms.

This is starting to look more and more like 1993, when Clinton rammed through a huge tax increase and essentially told those opposed to stuff it.

What they stuffed was Democratic control of Congress.

It's looking more and more like this one issue could turn around the entire Democratic drive to power, and its incredible that so many of them just don't see it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 11:09:35 AM »
Except I don't think there are enough people at the top of the RNC that are smart enough to take advantage of it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
RKL beat me to it. I can easily see conservatives wasting this momentum shift to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »
Back in '92 and '93 there was nobody at the top of the GOP, either.  Now, as then, someone will emerge to take advantage of the situation, to further his own ambitions as well as the ambitions of the party.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »
Who says the GOP is the future?

I think a lot of people who don't like Obama realize the GOP is part of the problem.  We didn't get here without the enabling of many Republicans, including some of the most influential.  Even now the GOP just wants a kinder, gentler variety of Obamaism--and nice jets.

We are going to need a deep and thorough-going overhaul of the entire political process and structure, starting with things like term limits and reaching into sensitive areas like suffrage qualifications, if anything resembling America is to survive.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
Back in '92 and '93 there was nobody at the top of the GOP, either.  Now, as then, someone will emerge to take advantage of the situation, to further his own ambitions as well as the ambitions of the party.

Yep. Democrats figured that after 12 years of Republicans in the White House, with the Gipper gone, and what was seen as a general failure of the Bush presidency, that they would have no problems keeping control of the House. The Senate was iffier given the large number of open seats that had been held by Dems, but even there they were confident.

They figured the Republican base was staggered, the Democratic base was too powerful to overcome, and that the angst that had arisen in the country over Hillarycare (as one pundit called Hillary's health care commission), the huge tax increases in the budget, Gays in the Military, and a host of other smaller issues would peter out by the mid term elections.

Just a few weeks before the election Democrats were confidently predicting that they were going to add to their lead in the House.

It was an incredibly brutal shock to the Democratic party leadership when the returns started pouring in.

No one, I don't think even the Republicans, thought that they were going to pick up 54 seats in the House.

An even greater shock was the defeat of Tom Foley, the sitting speaker of the House.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 12:38:13 PM »
Don't be countin' them chickens before they hatch, folks.  I doubt the Repubs will pick up more than a few seats in both houses next year.  There is no chance control of either house will swing the other way.
Health Care Reform will pass both houses before the end of October, Obama will sign it into law, and the electorate will put the next 13 months to good use forgetting their current angst over the issue.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
I went by the Specter Town Hall this morning

The room was closed at 8:30 AM and there was no external feed from the facility

I talked to a cop and he said there was a line a 6:30 AM and only 400 people were let into the room

there was a milling crowd of ~150 people in the courtyard and no signs of press outside

There was a huge bus labeled Hands off my Health Care: Patients first

I saw more antis than pro universal health care people
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 12:56:49 PM »
Democrats were saying the same thing about the 1993 budget right up to the last few days before the election.

How did that turn out for them?

Nothing, of course, is set in stone, and it's impossible to predict the future.

But the anger levels that are brewing right now? I've not seen anything like it since the late 1970s during the end of Carter's presidency.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 12:57:37 PM »
Where was it being held, Tuttle?

Penn State?

Yep, Penn State.

From the Centre Daily Times, the newspaper up there...

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/1447065.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:00:39 PM by Mike Irwin »

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 01:18:31 PM »
Where was it being held, Tuttle?

Penn State?

Yep, Penn State.

From the Centre Daily Times, the newspaper up there...

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/1447065.html

Huh, I thought that yesterday the light was beginning to dawn on him.

Instead, it appears he's been able to rationalize it away. It's all Rush Limbaugh's fault:

Specter told Democrats that the greatest difficulty in getting the health reform issues understood “is that Rush Limbaugh has the biggest audience around.”

“He’s taken over the Republican Party and now he wants to take over the country,” Specter said.

Here's the funny thing, Senator: he has that audience because of the free market. That means, he has to supply something the people want. Wonder what that says about the concerns he is voicing about healthcare?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2009, 06:57:52 PM »
Specter told Democrats that the greatest difficulty in getting the health reform issues understood “is that Rush Limbaugh has the biggest audience around.”

“He’s taken over the Republican Party and now he wants to take over the country,” Specter said.

Now he wants to take over the country?  He's always said that he would retire when every single American agreed with him. 

The funny thing is, after McCain was nominated, people were saying that Rush Limbaugh was over and would no longer be a significant factor.  'Course, as soon as Operation Chaos was rolled out, he was all significant again. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2009, 04:23:47 PM »
Yep. Democrats figured that after 12 years of Republicans in the White House, with the Gipper gone, and what was seen as a general failure of the Bush presidency, that they would have no problems keeping control of the House. The Senate was iffier given the large number of open seats that had been held by Dems, but even there they were confident.

They figured the Republican base was staggered, the Democratic base was too powerful to overcome, and that the angst that had arisen in the country over Hillarycare (as one pundit called Hillary's health care commission), the huge tax increases in the budget, Gays in the Military, and a host of other smaller issues would peter out by the mid term elections.

Just a few weeks before the election Democrats were confidently predicting that they were going to add to their lead in the House.

It was an incredibly brutal shock to the Democratic party leadership when the returns started pouring in.

No one, I don't think even the Republicans, thought that they were going to pick up 54 seats in the House.

An even greater shock was the defeat of Tom Foley, the sitting speaker of the House.

Don't forget the impact that the "Contract with America" had.  As much as the media, libs, et al. try to down play it, many people read it and their vote said "Do It'.  It was when the GOP failed to live up to their end of the contract, that the American people became disillusioned.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
It was when the GOP failed to live up to their end of the contract, that the American people became disillusioned.

They didn't fail. They said they were going to get the issues up for a vote, which they did. People see it as a fail because all the issues didn't pass.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB