Author Topic: THR down ????  (Read 1662 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
THR down ????
« on: December 15, 2005, 09:21:38 AM »
It just quit working yesterday when I was reading a thread and tried to go "back" to the Forum.

I thought maybe my bookmark link got corrupted (again) but it doesn't even work to link from Oleg's photo webpage.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

mtnbkr

• friend
THR down ????
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 09:22:58 AM »
Works fine for me.

And thank God too because I would've gone insane without my THR to get through that conference call...

Chris

pauli

• http://episteme.arstechnica.com
THR down ????
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 09:25:05 AM »
toss your cookies and flush your cache.

or something like that.

mtnbkr

• friend
THR down ????
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 09:26:14 AM »
Quote from: pauli
toss your cookies and flush your cache.

or something like that.
Sounds like what happens after a long night of partying. Smiley

Chris

THR down ????
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 09:29:51 AM »
Works for me. I just joined there yesterday as cosine.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
THR down ????
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 12:36:52 PM »
still can't get it to work  :-(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

esheato

• friend
THR down ????
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 12:40:55 PM »
I've been on and off THR all day. No probs here.

Ed

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
THR down ????
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 12:45:37 PM »
Tallpine,

Do you have DSL?  If so, try unplugging the power to the modem and leaving it off for a minute or two, then plug it back in and try.

A year or so ago I couldn't get on for about three weeks.  Derek and I tried everything.  Apparently some sort of firewall in the modem switched on (according to the Qwest folks).  Unplugging it worked.

Azrael256

• friend
THR down ????
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 12:59:28 PM »
Eh, it has been up and down for short periods lately.  I was unable to access it for a few minutes today.  Everything is back up now, though.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
THR down ????
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 01:04:04 PM »
No DSL ... I may have to reboot this pig.  It's been a month or two (probably not since the power was out back in early October)