Author Topic: Rep. Massa: "I will vote against the interests of my district"  (Read 7380 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Rep. Massa: "I will vote against the interests of my district"
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
And they didn't "settle" on a unified standard for the suffrage. Certainly not in the Constitution.
Again, I never once said it was universal or unified.  I never gave specific "white land owning males" type examples either.  I stated there were standards.  Do I agree some of them were the best standards?  No, I do not.

Do I agree with the principle there should be standards in who is allowed to vote?  Absolutely.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 06:40:38 PM »
But you can vote for fuel taxes, sales taxes, property taxes to molest them?
People on the dole - collecting welfare, food stamps, AFDC, etc. - are "paying" these taxes with what was MY money, before .gov took it!    :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 06:41:42 PM »
People on the dole - collecting welfare, food stamps, AFDC, etc. - are "paying" these taxes with what was MY money, before .gov took it!    :mad:

What about the people who simply earn below the tax treshold? My earnings are below the tax treshold now, should I not get a vote?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
What about the people who simply earn below the tax treshold? My earnings are below the tax treshold now, should I not get a vote?

If you don't pay taxes, sure, that's fine and dandy.  But if your means of support is an unearned handout, then no way in hell.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Mike

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »
"We've gotten to the point where the only standard is breathing, let alone proving eligibility with identification"

In Chicago they don't even have that standard! =D

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »
"We've gotten to the point where the only standard is breathing, let alone proving eligibility with identification"

In Chicago they don't even have that standard! =D
You've got a point there....