Author Topic: Any of you ever heard of this?  (Read 1011 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Any of you ever heard of this?
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »
My employer HR department uses a 3rd party employment verification service for situations where employees apply for mortgages/loans/etc.

I just called it because my loan officer was having unknown problems verifying my employment, and evidently this 3rd party is charging $20 to verify employment?!?!?!

WTF???!!!?

Anyone EVER heard of something like this before?  No employer I have ever worked for in the past has ever outsourced this, and certainly never charged the actual caller for verification.

I'm outraged.  It is so outlandish I'm beyond uttering words that are comprehensible.  Arglebarglefarglegargle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Any of you ever heard of this?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
You sound a little unbalanced.  Definitely a credit risk.  What's the bank's phone number?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:43:23 PM »
your employer is risk averse
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »
Once I get this house, I'm likely to just start looking for a new job.

This type of shyte really pisses me off.

Of course, to verify my employment, my future employer will have to shell out $20 to do so... :mad:

Is it really a risk management scheme, or is it HR outsourcing without having the damn courtesy to pay the bill?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »
maybe both
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:13:10 PM »
My employer uses a calling system for employment verification.  As far as I know they pay the bill, no one has ever had to call it on anything I've done.

They changed to this several years ago so HR wouldn't be verifying employment constantly.  Seems trivial but a few minutes to verify an employee saves a good bit of money company wide.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:33:12 PM »
Yeah? What next: out-sourced pencil sharpeners?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.