Author Topic: Amateur Radio and Encryption  (Read 21903 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Amateur Radio and Encryption
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »
yea  folks will buy a lot  build a house then decide the old fart who's been there 20 years mast is an eyesore we had that near here
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 02:13:21 AM »
And how would the cable company do anything about it if it's their supposed responsibility?

Spending ten cents more on shielding their connections right is a good start.

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
rcnixon: I won't argue about ingress into a cable system. It CAN be terrible. I maintained an institutional network in St Paul, MN for over a year. The network was used for city offices, schools and a few other government entities to send video and data to each other. This was prior to subscriber level cable modems. It was 58 amps deep, all coax. Ingress would wipe out a lot of data sent over that network. It was a MAJOR PITA to maintain because of all of the storm damage, animal chew (mainly squirrels(aka tree rats)), cracked shielding, poorly done connectors and other induced problems. However, there is STILL  a point where the RF tx pwr exceeds the capability of the the cables. And, I've even fought with the electric companies to repair their faulty lines causing interference with our head end reception.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum