Author Topic: ACORN out of the Census business  (Read 9186 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Senate Votes to De-fund ACORN on Housing
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 05:07:22 AM »
Ok... at the risk of igniting a debate: how does Planned Parenthood equate to statuatory rape?

IIRC, there were a few incidences of them helping underage girls get the morning after pill before it was needed.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
It's a bit of a stretch to equate Planned Parenthood folks providing the morning after pill to underagers with the ACORN folks telling someone how to defraud the government...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 05:19:10 AM »
Ok... at the risk of igniting a debate: how does Planned Parenthood equate to statuatory rape?
Several cases of them covering up pregnant teens who told them the fathers were upwards of 40+, in short.

That said, this makes me happy.  Quite unfortunate it's just a shell game really.  The same people at the helm will rename move and the public will likely never be the wiser.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 05:36:33 AM »
Several cases of them covering up pregnant teens who told them the fathers were upwards of 40+, in short.

Nevermind the Planned Parenthood employee in question was fired immediately. That's just irrelevant. Let us also forget there is exactly one recorded case of this.

On the other hand, there's of course no FEderal authority to fund even one abortion.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:44:54 AM by MicroBalrog »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12:14 AM »
Nevermind the Planned Parenthood employee in question was fired immediately. That's just irrelevant. Let us also forget there is exactly one recorded case of this.

On the other hand, there's of course no FEderal authority to fund even one abortion.

do you imagine pp fired every employee that ever did that?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2009, 06:50:10 AM »
planned parenthood got 350 mill from the feds.  took in almost a billion in other revenues  some of which was from abortions

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
This thread is about ACORN.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 11:50:56 AM »
Back to ACORN, please...

One word comes to mind: RICO.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
acorn is composed of so many seemingly unrelated cells it will be difficult to complete delousing

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »
Unrelated cells but a pervasive culture.  What the videos appear to indicate, at least to me, is that the ethos of ACORN is more than just "ghetto," the end result of civil and social ignorance and retardation, but the product of deliberate training.  I think we are going to find that ACORN is subversive, a home-grown de facto terror group.  That they don't use IEDs but instead explode morality and republican values makes them no less terrorists.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friends
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 12:21:34 PM »
i agree

longeyes

• friend
Re: ACORN out of the Census business
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
All the authorities are going to do, if they proceed, is de-legitimize the law itself.  Not a very good idea.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2009, 12:44:07 PM »
Senate Votes to De-fund ACORN on Housing
As a skeptic I say, don't get excited just yet;

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE58D6CW20090914
The House of Representatives passed a similar spending bill without restrictions on ACORN. The House and Senate must resolved differences before a final measure can be sent to Obama to sign into law.

It's not over until it's over.  Keep an eye on it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
As a skeptic I say, don't get excited just yet;

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE58D6CW20090914
It's not over until it's over.  Keep an eye on it.

Anyone from the House that wants to keep their seat is going to have a HARD time justifying reconciliation that gives money to ACORN.  The Senate voted wisely, and the House voted prior to the ACORN scandal.  House is gonna have to give ground here.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
Back to ACORN, please...

Yes.  Please.  Don't make me get midevil up in here.

:angel:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
Re: ACORN out of the Census business
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »
Paralel discussions merged.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 02:33:14 PM »
Yes.  Please.  Don't make me get midevil up in here.

:angel:

Quote from: JamisJockey
Paralel discussions merged.

Hittin' the booze early or is the spell checker just on the fritz....   =D ;/ :police: :angel:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
Hittin' the booze early or is the spell checker just on the fritz....   =D ;/ :police: :angel:

Don't ask don't tell!!

Actually, I usually rely on Mozilla to check. But I'm on a seperate PC today working on my desk...no instant spell check and
I
Am
Lazy!!!!
 :lol:
JD

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 03:11:47 PM »

He was just spelling fo-neticly. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »

Actually, I usually rely on Mozilla to check. But I'm on a seperate PC today working on my desk...no instant spell check and
I
Am
Lazy!!!!
 :lol:

FIFY.....  =D

(....and, how can you be working at any desk....aren't you kept by a wealthy CEO in the jewelry trade?...)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.