Author Topic: Stupid, I know, but can anyone here help??  (Read 1638 times)

Chrissy

• MySpace page
Stupid, I know, but can anyone here help??
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:03:38 PM »
Okay, this has been driving my daughter and I crazy.  We saw a trailer/commercial for a new TV show a few times.  The part we remember was of a little kid saying a woman's name while tapping her to get her attention - oblivious to the fact that he's actually tapping her boob! 

In any case, we haven't seen the commercial in a while now - does anyone know the name of this new show, what channel it's on, when it will air, etc.?  Has anyone else seen it or know what I'm talking about?  My daughter and I were cracking up and it seems like a really funny show.  We want to watch it but don't know where to find it! 

Can anyone help??

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Stupid, I know, but can anyone here help??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »
I remember seeing that too.  I think it had a teacher/school vibe to it.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:38:19 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:17 AM »
Yes, that's it!

Looks hilarious.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:06:27 AM »
chrissy -

gotta ask -  how's that gun purchase going.

haven't heard anything on i for a whiole.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:24:30 AM »
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »
Is this it? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

I didn't know David Caruso was in that show....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »
I remember seeing that too.  I think it had a teacher/school vibe to it.

Yes, that's what it seemed like - the lady was possibly the boy's teacher because he was calling her Mrs. "something!"  Do you remember what network/channel you were watching at the time??

NO, the Rick Astley video was not it, smartass, lol!  That guy needs to grow his hair and get a metal band behind him or something.  Cool dance moves, though   :lol:

Skidmark - Uh oh, you remembered!  :D  Okay, as far as purchasing a gun goes, I didn't want to purchase a gun without taking a safety course first and finding out what kind of gun I liked best.  I want to take the same course in CT that my parents took and they are in Germany right now for 12 days, so I can't find out which one they went to.  I had the site in an e-mail at one time (it's cool because they put a pic of my dad aiming at the target on their main page).  But yes, I haven't forgotten and am going to sign up for that course when my parents return.  Thanks for checking on me! 

Chrissy

• MySpace page
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:46 AM »
My daughter found it!!!  Here's the trailer if anyone is interested - seems like it's going to be really funny.  Premieres Sept. 30th on ABC (not sure of the time, though - check local listings).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgyOqrMg--o

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:12:43 AM »
Looks a lot better than that... tripe... with Raymond.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 08:43:13 AM »
I liked the show better when it was called "Malcom in the Middle"...  :|
I promise not to duck.