Author Topic: Cracked.com's 5 popular Zombie survival tactics that will get you killed  (Read 7748 times)

Phyphor

• friend
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Cracked.com's 5 popular Zombie survival tactics that will get you killed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
Hilarious.  Especially the part about getting out of town, and in the traffic jam, your car will seal the freshness in until the zombie can-openers arrive.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »
*chuckle* sunroof in your skull.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
I especially liked the gun store bit.

Whenever I hear "raid the gun/food/whatever store" from internet chairborne rangers, I always pondered "Roughly a million people probably have the same idea..."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »
There's one problem with their analysis of holing up somewhere though: zombies are dead, and decaying. IF you can provide your group with enough food & water to outlast that, you should be good.

And the thing about the gun shop is spot on...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 04:36:37 AM »
It depends on what kind of Zombie they are. A Zombie from Resident Evil or 28 Days Later is a human with a very nast condition brought on by a virus or some such thing.

If it's a Zombie that is brought out of the grave by evil magic or what have you, then it's being held together by something more than the physical, and does not need food. Though decay could still have an effect, if it just collapses into bits LOL.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »

I especially liked the gun store bit.

Agreed....the best time to raid the gun store is before the zombies attack....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 11:01:53 AM »
Agreed....the best time to raid the gun store is before the zombies attack....  =D

That's a great "Why do you have guns?" response.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
Is it really so bad to be a zombie? ???

Are we sure we're not just being insensitive to ambulatory, living-impaired individuals?  =(
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »
Is it really so bad to be a zombie? ???

Are we sure we're not just being insensitive to ambulatory, living-impaired individuals?  =(
They are already here just disguised like politicians, brainless life sucking zombies.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BMacklem

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »
I know there are a lot of zombies, there's verifiable proof, just look at how many dead people voted for Obama.
And I'm not talking about the brain-dead alone there, I'm talking about actual in-the-grave dead.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 03:03:22 PM »
hmmm... methinks we need an "Undead for Obama" tshirt for the next election cycle...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 03:39:43 PM »
hmmm... methinks we need an "Undead for Obama" tshirt for the next election cycle...
Your assuming he makes the next election cycle, This whole thing reeks more of and impeachment then Clinton ever did.
[/rant]
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BMacklem

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
They're already crying "racist" whenever anyone simply disagrees with Obama, what do you think they'd scream and do if they actually had to remove him from office?

I would hate to be inside of any city if that happened, unless I lived in a very thick concrete building and had a LOT of ammo not to mention food and water stored.

Where I live now, I'm caucasian and I'm the minority, I'd hate to be home if they impeached him.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
I would hate to be inside of any city if that happened, unless I lived in a very thick concrete building and had a LOT of ammo not to mention food and water stored.

Aw, don't worry about it, you could just rob a gun store...
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 11:16:48 PM »
And aim for the head with melee weapons...  :laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 11:45:27 PM »
And the thing about the gun shop is spot on...

Not really....

The gun stores near my place know they don't have the ammo resources to fend off armies of the un-undead who want guns to stop from becoming undead, and they know they don't have the food to wait out a siege of un-undead.

I can't imagine a gun store owner actually protecting his shop during TEOTWAWKI when the zombies come for us.  His bunker, sure.  His Idaho fortress-retreat, sure.

But not his stinkin' gun store.

More than likely, some other thug-like morlocks thinking that they don't need much more food than they can snatch from the adjoining Burger King, will hole up in a gun store and monopolize the stock (even though they'd only need a couple long guns and a couple handguns per living body in the store).
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 06:40:24 AM »
Has nobody read "Death of Grass"? =D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »
They're already crying "racist" whenever anyone simply disagrees with Obama, what do you think they'd scream and do if they actually had to remove him from office?
We'd need a comfortable majority in both the House and Senate for this to happen. (3/5? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think it takes more than a simple majority to remove a sitting president. )

What I would like to see is for the GOP to take back control of the House . . . and make Joe Wilson Speaker!  =D

(Unlikely - too many RINOs would rather keep Pelosi than vote for Joe "You Lie!" Wilson.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »
Why don't you guys.......have all the guns and ammo already, that will be needed for this uprising?????????????????    Most of the gun stores have been out of ammo for about a year now....chris3

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
I now have laboriously acquired enough .22 to outlast the current administration. 

.22 okay for zombies ?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
We'd need a comfortable majority in both the House and Senate for this to happen. (3/5? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think it takes more than a simple majority to remove a sitting president. )

You're talking about removing Obama with a 3/5 majority?  3/5?  Racist. 

:lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »
Whenever I hear "raid the gun/food/whatever store" from internet chairborne rangers, I always pondered "Roughly a million people probably have the same idea..."
I always think of the guys who work at the gun stores.  Guys who routinely open carry service pistols when they're not expecting to be attacked, well, these aren't the kind of people you want to tangle with when they know you're coming for them and theirs.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »
Try to stay on topic.  We're impeaching Obama now.  Henceforth, all threads must be steered, somehow, into a discussion of Obama impeachment strategies.  There will be no exceptions.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
From the link:

You want the biggest, shiniest, loudest monstrosity possible. If there's a gun that shoots a thousand bullets a second; that's great. If there's one that shoots a thousand flaming bullets a second; even better! If there's a gun that shoots out other guns that all fire thousands of flaming bullets in mere seconds--like some sort of pyramid scheme comprised entirely of shredding death infernos--well, that would be just dandy.

Now that's funny right there. :lol:
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.