Author Topic: Fall Arrives and Right on Que SPLC Spouts  (Read 2248 times)

Waitone

• friend
Fall Arrives and Right on Que SPLC Spouts
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »
http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=1092 Various Snips
Here we have the obligatory racist motivation so critical to demonizing a group. 
One big difference from the militia movement of the 1990s is that the face of the federal government — the enemy that almost all parts of the extreme right see as the primary threat to freedom — is now black. And the fact that the president is an African American has injected a strong racial element into even those parts of the radical right, like the militias, that in the past were not primarily motivated by race hate. Contributing to the racial animus have been fears on the far right about the consequences of Latino immigration.

We can now add an echo chamber in the form of new media
What's more, Patriot fears about the government are being amplified by a loud new group of ostensibly mainstream media commentators and politicians.

Link a surge in militia growth to increased sales of guns and ammunition
But militia training events, huge numbers of which are now viewable on YouTube videos, are spreading. One federal agency estimates that 50 new militia training groups have sprung up in less than two years. Sales of guns and ammunition have skyrocketed amid fears of new gun control laws, much as they did in the 1990s.

Invoke Ruby Ridge and Waco
"You're seeing the bubbling [of antigovernment sentiment] right now," says Bart McEntire, who has infiltrated racist hate groups and now is the supervisory special agent for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Roanoke, Va. "You see people buying into what they're saying. It's primed to grow. The only thing you don't have to set it on fire is a Waco or Ruby Ridge."

I didn't know Posse Comitatus was anti-semitic
So-called sovereign citizens are people who subscribe to an ideology, originated by the anti-Semitic Posse Comitatus of the 1980s, that claims that whites are a higher kind of citizen — subject only to "common law," not the dictates of the government — while blacks are mere "14th Amendment citizens" who must obey their government masters. Although not all sovereigns subscribe to or even know about the theory's racist basis, most contend that they do not have to pay taxes, are not subject to most laws, and are not citizens of the United States.

Ohh, this is good.  Here is the linkage amongst anti-immigrations--anti-government--Atzlan--NAFTA
In fact, the anti-immigration movement is both fueling and helping to racialize the antigovernment Patriot resurgence. More and more, members of nativist groups like the Minutemen are adopting core militia ideas and fears (see next section of this report). And they have contributed their own conspiracy theories — about the secret Mexican "Plan de Aztlan" to reconquer the American Southwest, and another involving the secretly arranged merger of the United States, Mexico and Canada into a "North American Union" — to the long list of nefarious plots already identified by the Patriot movement.

Whoa, the birthers and now bad guys because of the likes of Corsi, Alan Keyes and Gordon Liddy
Far-right fears of conspiracies have come from other quarters, as well, most notably from the so-called "birthers" who have filed a series of lawsuits making the claim that Obama is not a U.S. citizen. These spurious claims first gained traction when prominent extremists like writer Jerome Corsi, politician Alan Keyes and Watergate felon and radio show host G. Gordon Liddy questioned the validity of the president's birth certificate. Many Patriots have also adopted conspiracy theories about secret government involvement in events like the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the crash of TWA Flight 800 in 1996.

and here is the proof that everything said up there is true
The sounds of violence are growing louder. The Idaho Citizens Constitutional Militia recently posted an opening for a "field sniper." Around the same time, an Ohio Militia member, face hidden by a bandana and voice distorted electronically, posted a video to YouTube. "People need to wake up and start buying some of these," he said as he displayed a semi-automatic rifle. "Things are real bad, and they're going to get a lot worse."

Seems to me Alex Jones isn't the only one who has problems with paranoia. 

Anyone know what soap is good for scrubbing political bilge from the mind?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
Re: Fall Arrives and Right on Que SPLC Spouts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:31:26 AM »
The SPLC has raised hundreds of millions of dollars invoking the spectres of racism and, their latest, nativism.  They know a winning horse when they see one.

Is racism part of what's going on?  I think, personally, it is, but most of it isn't coming from the white majority but rather from the angry, aging leftists of the '60s determined to create a Marxist revolution and their payback-driven fellow travelers among African-American radicals and Latino irredentists (some of whom, remarkably, have fat jobs in the current administration).
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 11:34:24 AM »
Alan Keyes is racist now? Have these people ever seen him?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »
What hasn't happened yet but may very well happen is for those accused of racism to a) counter-charge and b) far more dangerous, to embrace the charge.

So far resistance to the Obama agenda has skirted the issue of whether, underneath the fine sentiments, much of what Obama wants is no more than a radical re-distribution of wealth and power that is based on an economic gerrymandering of America by race and ethnicity.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 01:23:43 PM »
Many Patriots have also adopted conspiracy theories about secret government involvement in events like the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the crash of TWA Flight 800 in 1996.
Goody! So is Charlie Sheen now a right-wing extremist? Van Jones? It's not just the evil right-wingers/militia types saying "Bush knew!"

FTR, I might actually join Charlie Sheen's militia. TANGERINES!

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 01:36:31 PM »
Charlie Sheen, TANGERINES, not quite his mantra is Agaves :laugh:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 01:59:46 PM »
Uh oh . . . I must be doubly racist, because in addition to not voting for The One last Novermber, I actually voted for Alan Keyes in a GOP primary a couple of elections back.  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 05:49:49 PM »

Micro, I don't know if you understand a unique aspect of the black/leftist black culture. Once a black person becomes a Republican, or otherwise achieves success (i.e, CEO of a large corporation), then that person is an "Uncle Tom" and a "traitor" to the black race. They are then treated just like or worse than a white person once that label is applied to them.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!