Author Topic: Anyone work with MS Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat Professional?  (Read 892 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Anyone work with MS Word 2003 and Adobe Acrobat Professional?
« on: December 20, 2005, 04:48:58 PM »
I'm going nuts.

I have three large documents that I have to convert to PDF.

All of my settings are correct, the documents convert to PDF and turn the TOC section headers into active bookmarks, which is what I want.

But, when I click on one of the header bookmarks, for say section header 1.2.3 on page 10, it doesn't take me to page 10, it drops me down to page 15 or 16.

The section header bookmark is functioning correctly in the Word document, though.

This is my second day on the new job and already I'm pissed off beyond all measure.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 05:04:12 PM »
can you right click on the link and edit its properties?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 05:32:28 PM »
I don't want to have to do that for nearly 1,500 headings spread across 3 very large documents!

It can be done, the tech writer who was out did it last week with a 4th document.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.