Author Topic: Illegal Alien from Jordan Arrested in Plot to Bomb Dallas Skyscraper  (Read 6024 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Not exactly a surprise, considering the heavy muslim population here'bouts.  Heck, locals have been providing material support for terrorists to kill them some Jooos over in the ME for decades.  It is a fine place for a jihadi to lose himself in the mass of fellow ethnics & co-religionists.

Bombing skyscrapers & killing thousands of Texans: Another job Americans won't do (until the second-gen are ready to roll jihadi-style).

I'll post some images & maps in a bit.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092409dnmetbombarrest.1b177db8b.html?so=TimeStampAscending#slcgm_comments_anchor

Federal authorities arrested a 19-year-old Jordanian citizen whom they said placed an inactive car bomb today at Fountain Place, a 60-story skyscraper in downtown Dallas.

Hosam Maher Husein Smadi has repeatedly voiced his intent to serve Osama bin Laden and al-Qa’ida and commit “violent Jihad,” authorities said in a prepared statement.

“Today’s arrest of Hosam Maher Husein Smadi underscores the FBI’s unwavering commitment to bring to justice persons who attempt to bring harm to citizens of this country and significant danger to this community,” special FBI agent in charge Robert E. Casey, Jr. said in the statement. “Smadi made a decision to act to commit a significant conspicuous act of violence under his banner of ‘self Jihad.’”

Authorities said that Smadi was under continuous FBI surveillance. Federal agents posed as members of an al-Qa’ida sleeper cell. Smadi, who was in the U.S. illegally, allegedly told them that he came to the country specifically to commit “Jihad for the sake of God.”

According to authorities, Smadi identified potential Dallas targets in June and allegedly scoped out Fountain Place in July. Authorities said that Smadi lived and worked in Italy, about 45 miles south of Dallas.

Dallas Mayor Tom Leppert said city officials were notified of the impending arrest beforehand.

“We were clearly communicated to that there was not going to be a danger to anybody,” Leppert said. “There’s a good working relationship between the police and the FBI. This is an example of that.”

Leppert mentioned that there was another terrorism arrest in Springfield today.

Regarding the arrests in Dallas, Denver, New York City and Springfield, he said, “It’s a comment on the world we live in. All of us need to be vigilant.”

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, an undercover FBI agent first came across Smadi in an online group of extremists. Smadi stood out to authorities because of an alleged “vehement intention to actually conduct terror attacks in the United States.”

Undercover agents communicated with Smadi more than 60 times, according to the affidavit. All conversations were in Arabic, which the affidavit says is Smadi’s native language.
Suspect lived in Ellis County

“In the name of God, the Gracious and the Merciful, this is my vow to you, my brother, that I am ready,” Smadi allegedly told undercover FBI agents. “And if you were a lover of Jihad as I am, then, by God, I am ready for the Jihadi life.”

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, an undercover FBI agent first came across Smadi in an online group of extremists. Smadi stood out to authorities because of an alleged “vehement intention to actually conduct terror attacks in the United States.”

Undercover agents communicated with Smadi more than 60 times, according to the affidavit. All conversations were in Arabic, which the affidavit says is Smadi’s native language.

“In the named of God, the Gracious and the Merciful, this is my vow to you, my brother, that I am ready,” Smadi allegedly told undercover FBI agents. “And if you were a lover of Jihad as I am, then, by God, I am ready for the Jihadi life.”

The affidavit says that Smadi repeatedly voiced an intent to attack those whom he deemed to be Islamic enemies, including Christians and Jews.

“We shall attack them in their very own homes,” Smadi said, according to the affidavit. “Brother, by God, we shall attack them in a manner that hurts, an attack that shakes the world.”

The affidavit also says that undercover agents attempted to persuade Smadi that the Jihad obligations of a Muslim can be satisfied in different ways. Smadi allegedly responded each time that he planned to commit “significant, conspicuous violence.”

“I want to destroy… targets… everything that helps America on its war on Arabs will be targeted,” Smadi allegedly told undercover agents.

FBI agents say in the affidavit that Smadi indicated a desire to attack buildings housing credit card companies in a “strike to the economy.” The agents also said that Smadi considered attacking military recruitment centers, including a National Guard Armory in Dallas. And he also mentioned bombing a Dallas airport and financial institution within 10 to 15 minutes of each other, the affidavit says.

Smadi allegedly later ruled out attacking the airport because security was too tight and instead decided to focus on a large financial institution.

“It will shake the currently weak economy in the State and the Amercian nation because this bank is one of the largest banks in this city,” he allegedly said speaking of Wells Fargo in Dallas.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Illegal Alien from Jordan Arrested in Plot to Bomb Dallas Skyscraper
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »
“In the name of God, the Gracious and the Merciful, this is my vow to you, my brother, that I am ready,” Smadi allegedly told undercover FBI agents. “And if you were a lover of Jihad as I am, then, by God, I am ready for the Jihadi life.”

Find. Send the sucker off to meet 72 Virginians.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »
Map of the area:

"A" is the location of the building in question.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »
I work not far from there, just off of exit 1a on 75.

I can't see the building from here, there are other, taller ones in the way, but I see it every morning on my way to work.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
A new teaser..."who blew up JR?"

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 12:20:42 AM »
That's one of the most attractive buildings in Dallas IMO. We only go into town for the occasional symphony or something.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 01:53:18 AM »
That's one of the most attractive buildings in Dallas

Really?  That must be a really bad picture, or Dallas is butt ugly.  I'd almost say he'd be doing the city a favor by leveling that.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »
“It will shake the currently weak economy in the State and the Amercian nation because this bank is one of the largest banks in this city,” he allegedly said speaking of Wells Fargo in Dallas.

That's MY bank!.....

....wonder how much I'd have to put up to bail him out into my custody?.....and if they'd be OK when he "disappears" after last being seen near a pig farm?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 11:02:29 AM »
Yeah, if he bombs Wells Fargo, who'm I gonna pay my mortgage to, huh?   =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »
If I understand correctly that this punk worked at a gas station in Italy, TX, I actually met him when my vehicle crapped out in the parking lot a few months ago. Weird.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »
If I understand correctly that this punk worked at a gas station in Italy, TX, I actually met him when my vehicle crapped out in the parking lot a few months ago. Weird.
Expect the black dark green helicopters to land on a lawn near you soon. That ought to teach you not to mix with terrorists :police:.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 12:12:28 PM »
I suppose we should be happy that would be terrorists still trust the anonymity of the web.  ;/

From what I understand of this situation, the guy was given a fake bomb by the feds.  To "detonate" he was given a cell number to call, which was a cell phone in the feds possession.  I really hope these idiots don't get any smarter.   =|   http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/24/texas.terror.arrest/index.html  Also in that article, it says he is charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.  Are bombs weapons of mass destruction?  I thought only the really nasty stuff fell into that classification. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

zahc

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »
Are you kidding? Last I heard common firearms were now "weapons of mass destruction".
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:07 PM »
Are you kidding? Last I heard common firearms were now "weapons of mass destruction".

I see your point.  Preaching to the choir I guess.   :|
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
so are these resent catches being shepherded by agent provocateurs?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
WMD definitions to the UN and NATO are different than WMD definitions under state law.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »
WMD definitions to the UN and NATO are different than WMD definitions under state law.

Yeah, last time I let one rip after a heavy bowl of lima beans in Deep Ellum, I nearly got dragged down to the station by one of Dallas' Finest.

Luckily, DPD doesn't hire he sharpest knives in the drawer, so I countered the policeman's crass accusation with, "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."  He cursed, kicked at the sidewalk, and jerked around & walked away in the other direction.

If you have ever Dallas' former Police Chief, Terrell Bolton, you'll understand that has "special" slots on the force...as in [BHO]"Special Olympics"[/BHO].
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 07:07:49 PM »
My question regarding the recent terrorist arrests was:  "How did they know they were the sole source of explosives for the terrorists?  How did they know he didn't stop by the store and get a pre-paid cell phone?  I guess they knew he didn't just set up a manual fuse?"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:51 AM »
If you have ever Dallas' former Police Chief, Terrell Bolton, you'll understand that has "special" slots on the force...as in [BHO]"Special Olympics"[/BHO].

Also formerly of DeKalb County: http://dekalbofficersspeak.blogspot.com/2009/09/terrell-bolton-files-civil-suit.html

You'd think people would figure out that getting run out of town is not a great endorsement for someone's management skills.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 07:15:42 AM »
Last I heard common firearms were now "weapons of mass destruction".

They are when they're in my hands.  I am just that dangerous. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 09:47:59 AM »
I'll post some images & maps in a bit.

Can you get some blueprints too?  We're not on enough watchlists yet.   :laugh:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 09:51:30 AM »

You must have missed PTK's nuclear-friendly girlfriend thread.  Trust me, we're on just about all of 'em by now.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

We are the watchlist....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »

Heh.

Actually, maps of the tunnels under downtown Dallas can be found on the net.

Given a large enough (conventional) explosive, one set off down there would be much worse than at street level.  Instead of F W Murrah-like explosion, think "domino effect."

http://www.fountainplace.com/pages/tunnelmap.asp
http://dallastunnels.taitlifto.net/DallasTunnelsMap2.html
http://www.johnnyamerica.net/archives/2005/09/01/11.35.58/
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton